New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I've seen that so many times hunting and fishing you think it wouldn't surprise me but it still kind of does.

The thing I always wonder is how many guys are going full speed when they hit bottom.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
At least an ice flow isn't taking him out with the tide. Hoping to try Sat am. Low tide to start so no worries getting stuck all day. Just wondering about how much ice to break at the ramp.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Lol, I saw that happen to 30ft CC at horseshoe cove sandy hook. I kept letting my anchor line out to keep mine floating, I warned the guy but he wouldn't listen. lol he started listing to one side, called sea tow and i knew they were gonna tell him you gotta wait til high tide.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
He's just another NJH hero talking tough on the internet.
No internet hero here. I've been going out in the coastal areas with my dad and grandfather since I was born. I was taught situational awareness at a young age. I've had my coast guard captains license for 26 years. What do you have some boater safety certificate you got for paying $50 and sitting in some 3 hour course.

I admit I've had all kind of issues on the water but being high and dry on a sand bar or sedge bank isn't one of them.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
being a capt doesn't stop people from getting stuck..trust me. ;) Anyway, I can't say I've ever been stuck "by accident" to the point where I couldn't get my boat out.......BUT I've let the tide run out on me several times knowing I was going to be high and muddy, but also knowing that's when the best gunning can occur for particular spots...Just have to be in it for the long haul....I hunt some spots with a 6+ foot tide swing.....Yet Some folks still can't read a tide chart....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.