New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I climbed up in my stand at 11:00 AM and sat until dark. The majority of deer movement was between 11:30am to 1:30pm in that short 2 hour window I saw 6 bucks and one doe, 4 bucks were cruising, two small bucks were chasing the doe and had a battle royal over her 10 yards from my stand which was exciting. One of the cruisers was a beautiful eight pointer that passed by at 20 yards but didn't present a shot thank god because I probably would of regretted it .Then the only deer from 2:00pm until dark were two spikes that exited the cornfield and no other deer entered the field in the afternoon to feed I guess the does are staying out because they know the bucks are in there looking for them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
had some movement today, went for a walk after refreshing scrapes near my one stand with golden scrape, i guess i must've had some on my boots because a doe had followed, i was in a creek so i was able to get on my knees and nock and arrow, as i drew and crouched up she pinned me and blew, she must've been hot I'm guessing, other than that a grunted a dinky 6 in right before dark.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I was sitting in my stand facing uphill,guys were gutting the grass and trees on the pipeline so I decided to turn around and look at them through the binoculars,as I'm watching them I hear a crunch and look over my shoulder, had a broken 6 point about 20 yards away. I was able to spin around and get my bow without being noticed but decided to pass on that buck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts