New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Why is he a jerk? I'm not understanding?

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I understand. but in my house and growing up in the field, you don't kill something your not going to eat. a life is worth more than target practice. my opinion, my up bringing.
It's ok to grow up ignorant as long as you keep learning...

Killing a fox will save hundreds of birds, mice, deer fawns, turkey, chickens, quail, pheasants and dozens of other creatures. Kill them all.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Not allowed if he was pheasant hunting!

Properly licensed turkey hunters may legally harvest coyotes if encountered incidental to legal turkey hunting. Turkey hunters shall not actively pursue coyotes or have coyote calls or decoys in possession. Also, properly licensed persons hunting deer during the Six-day Firearm, Permit Muzzleloader or Permit Shotgun deer seasons may kill coyote or fox if the coyote or fox is encountered before the hunter has taken the season bag limit of deer. However, after the hunter has taken a daily bag limit of deer, they must cease hunting immediately. Incidental hunting of coyote or fox while deer hunting may resume the following day (provided the season remains open and the season bag limit of deer has not been reached.) Only applicable projectiles approved for deer hunting may be used to take coyote and fox incidental to deer hunting during the deer seasons described above.
See the Firearms, Bows and Ammunition Legal for Deer Hunting page under the Deer Regulations section.
Further, in addition to the general Coyote and Fox seasons plus the incidental harvest of coyote or fox while deer hunting, a Special Permit Coyote and Fox Season runs concurrent with the regular small game coyote and fox season. A Fish and Wildlife-issued permit is required to hunt coyote or fox under the provisions (see below) of the Special Permit Coyote and Fox Season; as follows:
A permit to hunt coyote or fox is required:
to hunt at night and/or
to use shot sizes larger than #4 ?ne and up to size #4 Buck, and/or
to use a ri?e for coyote or fox other than incidental to deer hunting. Sunday hunting is permitted only between the hours of midnight (Saturday) and one hour before sunrise (Sunday).f

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Many scenarios here.Samken saw it as unjustifiable.Why kill it and leave it understandable to question the reasoning.Having hunted many a day in my ute on wma's for phez both gun an bow,i've seen the best and worst.Glad I grew up bow first,whole different mentality afield then never hunted before passing a gun safety course hittin the wma with a bandelero of shells just to shoot anything that moves,seen many a sparrow meet there demise to mr trigger happy wow did you see that shot?Luckily most shot were up above head level.Better time to hunt state is weekday's if you can,weekends/sat are for warriors.Some will say kill the fox/enemy eat's our MY bird's.Hawk's an owl's do way more damage!!bloodtrail
It's ok to grow up ignorant
you're mama teach you that?gonna justify there killing too.Ignorance is in the eye's of the beholder.This is exactly why I answered a question the other day to a first poster asking what ticks hunters off?I answered other hunter's!Samken do not let one bad apple beat you up lotta good people/hunter's out there!

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Not allowed if he was pheasant hunting!

Properly licensed turkey hunters may legally harvest coyotes if encountered incidental to legal turkey hunting. Turkey hunters shall not actively pursue coyotes or have coyote calls or decoys in possession. Also, properly licensed persons hunting deer during the Six-day Firearm, Permit Muzzleloader or Permit Shotgun deer seasons may kill coyote or fox if the coyote or fox is encountered before the hunter has taken the season bag limit of deer. However, after the hunter has taken a daily bag limit of deer, they must cease hunting immediately. Incidental hunting of coyote or fox while deer hunting may resume the following day (provided the season remains open and the season bag limit of deer has not been reached.) Only applicable projectiles approved for deer hunting may be used to take coyote and fox incidental to deer hunting during the deer seasons described above.
See the Firearms, Bows and Ammunition Legal for Deer Hunting page under the Deer Regulations section.
Further, in addition to the general Coyote and Fox seasons plus the incidental harvest of coyote or fox while deer hunting, a Special Permit Coyote and Fox Season runs concurrent with the regular small game coyote and fox season. A Fish and Wildlife-issued permit is required to hunt coyote or fox under the provisions (see below) of the Special Permit Coyote and Fox Season; as follows:
A permit to hunt coyote or fox is required:
to hunt at night and/or
to use shot sizes larger than #4 ?ne and up to size #4 Buck, and/or
to use a ri?e for coyote or fox other than incidental to deer hunting. Sunday hunting is permitted only between the hours of midnight (Saturday) and one hour before sunrise (Sunday).f
News Flash !!!!!
You are WRONG
Today was opening day of firearm fox and coyote season !
Everyone thinks the special permit season (night hunting) is the only fox and coyote season.
As far as eating what you kill......Fox are fur bearers, The pelts are sold

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ahh read page 62 Coyote/Fox Season. Firearm and Bow Nov 8-March 14 start time in 8:00 am on Nov 8.
Face Palm . Season is open and I'll shoot every duck eating, pheasant chewing, deer running son of a b#%^£ I see. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Ahh read page 62 Coyote/Fox Season. Firearm and Bow Nov 8-March 14 start time in 8:00 am on Nov 8.
Face Palm . Season is open and I'll shoot every duck eating, pheasant chewing, deer running son of a b#%^£ I see. Thank you

Have at it...Just don't let them go to waste.
Do you know how to skin, stretch,dry and sell the pelts ?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yup been there done that. You can do many things with a fox or coyote pelt. Everyone has their own opinion, but if my point is it was taken legally. Whether the person utilizes the animal is not up to me, so here's a tissue let the crying begin.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Do you know how to skin, stretch,dry and sell the pelts ?
Do you know how to skin, stretch,dry and sell the pelts ?I know ooh ooh I know the answer!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts