New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need a little advice. Is it too soon to use any doe in estrous products yet? I know its really really close, but I just checked some cams, and found a slammer hanging around mostly at night. the thing is work is so hectic for me right now tomorrow may be the only day this week I get to go out. I was going to try some synthetic from buck fever this year, and i'm just wondering what you think? im on the fence, I have actually had this place "hands off" for the season so far, waiting until the time was right. now of course the time is approaching and it dosent look like ill get any off. anyway i'm babbling now, but I just wanted to bend your ear and see what you thought. thank you In advance for your advice, everybody here is really nice and I appreciate your input. and most important ,,,,,,, be safe and good luck!!!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Definitely any scents could Be useful this time of the year

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If you are only hunting bucks, then try it. Personally I do not use any. The reason for this is that all the times I have put it out, the does went running for the hills. Then if bucks come in, they ran in the direction of the does and not given me a shot.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
If your going to use estrous scent use it now . I have put golden Estrous out for the last week and have yet to see a buck . I am switching to signal 11 tramp stamp next week. Hopefully It will work better . I have a buck on camera all night activity too . One thing about the golden estrous it did not alarm the doe ,they still came in . Use your grunt and bleat tools also. Rattling if you have a few good bucks in the area . I did spook one button buck with the grunt tube he walked out of there fast when he heard . I have also used the bleat( the Can ) when doe and button bucks were around they seem like it means nothing . Good Luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
code blue or tinks 69 i use them both from now through the season. have had luck even in late winter. Everyone has a different method that works for them . good luck

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I have never seen proof that store bought scents work. Against my better judgement, I got sucked into buying some because Dick's had them 50% off. No more.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I have never seen proof that store bought scents work. Against my better judgement, I got sucked into buying some because Dick's had them 50% off. No more.
Im not sure they work as well as an attractant as they do for a cover scent. JMO

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Yes they work ! What you need to do to help use scent to kill your buck is use it on a drag rag to a scrape! Take a scent wick tie it to a rope then dip it in your doe in heat lure. Then go to the main trail that's way out of your shooting range and start your drag on that trail head to the spot 20 yards from your stand were you would like to kill your buck and hang your scent wick or make a scrape there and dump it in with dominat buck. If a buck crosses your scent line and he is looking for does he will probable follow the trail right to the kill spot:) also if you use the method with the mock scrape ever time you bait or hunt put hot do pee in the scrape becuase if you do and a buck works your scrape you will come looking for you every day until you finds his doe.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I definitely like your Shakespearean approach to the pee question LOL.... It won't hurt to use either buck urine next to a scrape for now and doe in estrous in a few days, if it doesn't help, it will act as a cover scent at least

1 - 14 of 14 Posts