New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I am concerned... the treestand is legal. Just as long as I do not shoot over Rt. 80 or at Rt. 80.

Honk when you drive by me when I have my orange outfit on. LOL.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
You could have a walkie talkie and report speeders to BHC while your there.

BHC, BHC, this is deerforce speed trap 1 come in.

This is BHC go ahead dfst1.

Silver Toyota corrolla heading west bound on Rt. 80
tag # Alpha, Charlie, Charlie, three, seven, Lima

Looks to be three occupants! Clocked them at 87mph....mile marker 42.

Oh hold on gotta go.....deer coming!:D:D:D

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
And I suppose he clocked him with his range finder, taking 2 readings and dividing the time between the distance covered, multiplying by 5.280 nd then dividing by (60x 5,280) then he, oh you all know.:D

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Dragthor it states OCCUPIED dwelling or or any school or playground if it's a garage and no one is in there at the time it's legal. If it's a bussiness, just hunt before they start work. when they get there, Before they enter the building unknock your arrow. Hey I might be splitting hairs but the law is the law.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think the 150 rule specifically says "permanent" building/residence.
I asked the same question in my rifle course a few years back. The state is ticketing for any dwelling or structure now... including sheds, garages, outhouses, barns that are falling apart... basically anything that a person can be in and not be seen from the outside.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The tree stand at the top is legal... but I pretty sure (but may be wrong), the 150 yards is considered safety zone and you can be issued a summons for shooting into a safety zone... so you're shooting window is pretty thin.

B

·
0 Posts
Guys, lets say the house is a shake no one you know lives in it. You take a shot at a deer or whatever, you miss, but you hit the house and there is someone in it, and you strike that person, Under the law your done, going to jail plane & simple.

Now as far as Drag reporting speeders I think not. Drag can tell you, Im off from work most of the hunting seasons, and if by chance I'm working it better be Paris Hilton, and Nicole Richie I pull over......mmmmmmmm yummy !!!!!!!:D

Hey Drag you wouldn't have this problem if you come hunting with us in my area !!!!!!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Glad to hear you woudnt be working during the Hunting season BHC.....but come on now..pulling over Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie in a silver corrola with jersey plates....what are the chances?:D

Besides, Id rather pull over someone like Shannon Elizabeth...shes WAY HOTTER! or...hmm....who else?

Or someone with a "stop the bear hunt" bumper sticker and make sure to empty out my violations pad on em.....when the judge asks why I issued them 10 tickets, my answer will be; Because I didnt have 11! hahahaha......:D

As for the rules....heres a question;

What if the building is abandoned, and you hunt from inside it?
Its not like youd shoot anyone in it...your in it.

(Im not talking about a house, I mean like a run down shack in the middle of nowhere, where youd expect to find the boys from deliverance hiding.):D

I guess theyd stick you for breaking and entering or some non sense if they wanted to...

·
11,226 Posts
There was an old storage shed in the middle of nowhere on a piece I used to hunt. When the weather would turn to crap I would go inside there and look out over an old corn field! Pretty spooky in there though. I spent more time looking around the inside trying to figure out what was making all the little noises I heard instead of watching the field or woods for deer!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
JJ, some of them shantys can be pretty spooky...I dont blame you.

I get bad vibes from a few things Ive found in the woods. One was a foundation of a VERY old house...I dont know why, but its just spooky.

Speaking of spooky, any of you ever read the book "Weird-NJ"?

Some freaky stories in that book....if I didnt type like an amputee with one arm and no fingers, Id write out some of the stories. But it would just take me too long, so youll have to buy the book.

by the way...HAPPY ST PATTYS DAY ALL!!!---Matt:)

B

·
0 Posts
hunting from the inside of a old run down shack, I have to look into that, when I get chance I will.

How about Jennifer Lopez?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Id pull her over for having too much "junk in the trunk":D

Of course Id make her step out of the vehicle and spread em too.....:D

Never can tell, gotta frisk em....

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
You should share them with us on occasion, if not on here, just randomly pick a funny or weird one and email it to me.....being that I want to be a LEO.....I like to hear that stuff.

[up]

By the way, thanks for being a LEO....its not the best job in the world, and you dont get alot of recognition. So THANKS!:)

·
11,226 Posts
Weird NJ...I'm looking at it right now. Its on the shelf next to my computer... There are a bunch of places in there Right near my house! The lady with the stone art in her yard is not far from me. The cemetary in the middle of the woods is in the Wildcat ridge WMA... Great book!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I had got busted about 6 years back for a 450 .

Was hutning deer with my great grandfathers club for the first time . As we were about half way done a drive , a guy jumps up and screams stop where you are .

I about jumped out of my pants . I stood there looking at him and he calls me over towards him .

Thinking I would show him I mean no trouble I started to unload the gun as I walked to him insted of walking up to him with a loaded gun .

As the last round came out his partner walked over to me and placed his hat where I was when the last round came out .

I was 443 feet away from a little shed that was falling apart when the last round was ejected .

Even though I was farther away than the 450 feet when they seen me they counted where I was when the last round cam out and wrote me up for a 450 .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts