New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do I waste my time hunting the last day of firearm or do I just, I don't know, drink and be merry ???
I'm positive that the area I've hunted for the last couple months is destroyed per the orange army! Hhhmmmmm, what to do? :drinkingcouch:

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I shot a few on the last of six day after thinking I was wasting my time. All it takes is a second for one to show up. You just never know. Deer have a home range and tend to keep to it, regardless. The orange army doesn't get them all. If they did we wouldn't be hunting since a long, long, time ago.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Go for it. I killed a buck back sometime ago in the last few minutes of shooting light on the last day of six day, on public land, in the pines. That piece would get pushed a few times during six day. You never know what will happen.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
I just sat all day on monmouth co bow only property... not another soul on it! I had this crazy idea of taking one of my shotguns out today and tomorrow then I came to my senses HAHAH

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
How many great bucks have you seen the drivers take.

Those big old smart bucks we are all looking for usually can outsmart
Those guys. I have seen bucks let a driver walk by by 10' then double back
And never be seen again. So just because they pushed through does not mean they got the deer your after.

Im not saying that drinking and being merry is not a rock solid plan B because it is. So you call.
If you hunt good luck.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
After last weeks rains, My whole area is a total swamp. Ive been there years, so I know the corridors. I really doubt this piece could be driven. wear waders and the briars would shred them in 50 yards, without youll be wet and muddy from waist down. Theres actually very few hunters around me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A few years ago I hunted Monday thru Thursday of firearm buck week with not even seeing a deer. I slept in on that Friday and about lunch time my buddy Tom Kenney called to see how I made out hunting that week I was bitching about not seeing anything all week. I was having a real Man Flow. Tom says to me "get your ass out there cause your guaranteed nothing at home. I went and at 4:30 that afternoon a beautiful 8 point buck jumped out of the hedge row behind me. That 4:30 buck hangs on my wall as a reminder to me that when you least expect it a crappy day could turn into a great day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.