New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 14 years of comaraderie, Saturday was the last hunt for my Springer. His mind and heart are good, but his arthritis has gotten too bad. He'll spend the rest of his days on the couch and guarding the house from squirrels that trespass in our yard. A toast to Spencer.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Great looking dog. Here's to Spencer! [up]

You can drag the link to the address bar to see the picture.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just poured a glass of Gentleman Jack,,,,here's to Spencer[up]

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Very nice pic. Sorry about your hunting buddy.

My brother in law and I had to put his dog down today, very sad day for us.

·
Registered
741 Posts
while he is "retired"....try that Cetyl-M....they even make a generic version at petco.

I dont normally beleive any of those "miracle" commercials, but that stuff really DOES work!! Im not saying he'll act like a 2 year old again, but he will definatly be more comfortable and get around easily again.

The tablets are "flavored" so you can give it just like a treat. My old girl loved them and she was able to go up and down steps with no problem, out to the barn with me, etc. before she would "want" to....but would just sigh and lay at the top of the steps waiting for me to come back up (basement laundry), or would wait on the porch til I came back from the barn.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I know the feeling. In the pass 3 yrs my buddy had to put down his hunting beagles,the oldest being 15. Now it might be my time. My oldest beagle is 11, she still hunts hard but its taking her 2 to 3 days to recover from tje hunt. She is inside for most of the time just sleeping. Love this dog

1 - 17 of 17 Posts