New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i slept in.. he went for a few hours..caught ONE! did he tell you. im a fisherman now..got a vest and all. i still refuse to get a net and waiders tho...thats taking things too fast[smirk]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
yean Jt told me Jason. congrats.

i usually don't use a vest. i put my little spinner box in my pocket and the clamps i use to release the trout clamped on my shirt. i never carry a net. the waders are a necessity tho. good luck. and good luck fishing with JT. you'll need it

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I fished the S/B Raritan for 4 hours Sunday and it's like someone turned the light switch "OFF" as far as catching fish.:(

I enjoyed fantastic fishing Friday and Saturday, catching Browns and Rainbows at various locations :), but Sunday I only got ONE trout!!!:(

Even Outlaw (Jason) caught a few Rainbows, although I only saw him ACTUALLY catch ONE - NEVER saw the others cause he left his stringer near where we started fishing and he "SAYS" that he threw them all back - YEAH RIGHT !!! - Fish Tales, ALREADY!!![smirk]:p )

On Sunday, I started fishing at 8:00 AM, but didn't start catching yellow perch, pumpkin seeds, and a huge sucker (don't go there, Woj!!!![smirk]) until around 11:30 AM, picked up a nice Brown at 11:45 AM, but had to pack up at 12:00 PM to head for the club to pack up and go home.:(

I tried to wake Jay up to go with me, and he "mumbled" that he wanted to go fishin', but when I went back upstairs at the clubhouse, he was snoring up a storm in his bunk ....I didn't hear from him until around 11:30 AM when he called me to tell me he was up and hungry and wanted to go to lunch!!! I guess fishin' with me on Saturday was too much for the youngin'!!!!:p[smirk]

I think it's time to break out the fly rod!!!![cool][up]

This "Wormin'" thing has my thumb and ponter fingers stained to the point where it takes many a washin' to get them "clean"!!!:D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i only got out for about 1.5 hours on saturday evening. i just got 3. nothing to speak of. man the creek was WAY down. We need some rain.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Have you looked at the weather forcast for this week!??!?!??!?

If they're even 50% correct (yeah, RIGHT) we should get that water we so badly need!!!! [up]

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well it looks like I missed a GREAT WEEKEND of fishing ... (i hope you sense the sarcasm). I just got paid so Jon we have to go out this weekend and get me a fly rod.

I just got back from fishing Farangton Lake on my lucnh break ... no sign of trout but i caught a 3lb largemouth. Nothing to brag about but atleast some action. See yall this weekend

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Mikey,

Order this stuff on-line today and you will have it by Friday!!!!!!:)[cool]

Get the following (order on-line):

Cabela's Genesis™ Fly-Fishing Outfits
Item: IF-316491
Price: $135.00 - $140.00
Model 906 or 906-4

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?id=0017452316491a&navAction=push&navCount=1&indexId=cat370004&podId=0017452&catalogCode=IF&parentId=cat370004&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20431&hasJS=true

AND

Cabela's Getting Started Fly-Fishing DVD
Item: IF-316986
Price: $9.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jhtml?_requestid=19950

OR

Cabela's Getting Started Fly-Fishing VHS Video:
Item: IF-315857
Price: $9.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jhtml?_requestid=20070

As a present for me for getting you started and the free lessons you'll get, you can buy me: :D

Improving Your Fly-Fishing DVD
Item: IF-316980
Price: $14.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jhtml?_requestid=20392

Just kiddin' - If you could, order it for me and I'll give you the money when I see ya'.

For the next six weeks, I've got Cold Laser Therapy treatments for my hands and wrists EVERY Friday, so I won't be up to the club until around 6:00 PM, but the days are getting longer and I fly fish until 1 hour after dark, so we'll get in plenty of time to fish and "learn you" .

JT

Oh yeah - One more thing :D :

Teardrop Net
Item: IF-311248
Price: $16.99

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jhtml?_requestid=20809

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Mikey - One more thing:

Duck and Goose Repellent

Only $85.00/gallon.
Eliminate Geese and Duck Droppings.
One Gallon treats 16,000 sq. ft.
Simple/Easy to Use and Apply.
Low Cost/Effective Solution.
Rain/ Water will not wash off product!
Will Not Harm People, Animals or Geese if E.P.A labels are followed.

http://www.birdbgone.com/goose.htm?source=overture

You can put this in a spray bottle so the Canadian Goose under the bridge won't chase you anymore!!!!:D:p

OR

Goose-B-Gone Supersonic (YOU CAN CARRY THIS WITH YOU!!!)

State-of-the Art Technology!
Easy installation, easy volume adjustment, easy to use and maintain!
Low cost method of protecting property!
Rigid Construction - U.V. protected materials (sun & weather resistant) - water Proof!
Adaptable! Add more speakers for More Coverage...Up to 6 acres!

http://www.birdbgone.com/goosesupersonic.htm

Funny thing - The male Canadian cruises right up to me, follows me all around the bridge area, and waits for me to clean my fish to feed him and his "bride" on the nest!!!! [cool]

I don't know what you did to tick that bird off, but he rally DOES NOT LIKE YOU!!!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Im ready to go JT, see you at the club Saturday afternoon sometime. I figure we'll head up to the fly shop from there. Im really excited. I didnt want to try tying my line on so Ill let those guys do it for me. See ya saturday.

BTW Outlaw (Jay) I assume youll be purchasing a fly rod in the near future, Dick's has some really good deals on fly rod combos.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
BAMBIS ONLY - I'll be fishing the S/B in Clinton and High Bridge, then, I too plan on stopping at the flyshop to pick up some additional flies and strike indicators, then to hang out and have lunch with the Owner, Jim and his helper, Bill, along with the "regulars" that stop in there at lunch time.

We usually walk up to Rambo's Deli and grab a burger or sandwhich from there, then head back to the shop.

Call me when you're in the area, and I'll tell you where to meet me so you can follow me up to Shannon's Fly & Tackle in Califon.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'm going to go out in about 1 hour. i think i'm going to hit the musky over in asbury.

i took off yesterday to take my daughter on a cl [no swearing please] trip to land of make beleive. well it was rained out and it was on hold till today. so i took off today and of course it was rained out today as well. now the trip is for tomorrow. so if it rains tomorrow i'll be going fishing tomorrow too.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Woj - Think you can find your rod and Panther Martins after all of this time of NOT FISHING?!?!?!?!:D

Be sure to brush the dust off of them, IF you find them, and if not, as I stated in my e-mail, I'll be up that way tomorrow night.

I can RENT you a pole and a #1 or #2 Panther Martin for the day - $200.00/day is the price that I've discounted for you (I took off .0000000000005% just for you, buddy!!!!:D:D:D[up])

I'll give you a call tonite to see how you made out.[up]

JT

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i got back. i got 5. i had a breeder follow me up at the musky in asbury right before the trout hatchery. he never took the spinner though. i did get 3 browns up river about 150 yards away. one was around 15 to 16 inches. the water was perfect. i then went up to the graphite mill and got 2 rainbows. i lost about 4 or so there. wasn't bad for a couple of hours in the river.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where to start??

well first off. i out fished jon the other day. he was too lazy to walk downstream with me and i found some hot holes. ( i dont like fishing, but i CAN)[smirk][up]

next...MIKE...i cant afford another hobby (flyfishing) im going broke between 3d shoots, trap shooting, hunting, taxedermy, fishing, bowfishing, and GASOLINE!

o yeah guys. if you get a nice largemouth.......or any above average fish....wrap it in newspaper and freeze it in a garbage bag..wrap it up good in the paper.. i want to mount it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts