New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were out in the yard yesterday doing some spring clean up and holy ticks batman! My little guy had 4, my wife had 2 on her legs and 1 in her hair. I found 2 climbing north of my knees. Unreal, I dont ever remember so many ticks in such a short time outside just on the lawn. Anyone know of a spray that will kill the ticks but not the grass? Man I hate these things [wallmad]

·
Registered
747 Posts
The home center has pesticides to apply to your lawn .... both using a spreader or with a hose spray. If you really have a problem, I may do both ... spread, and use a hose spray to get to the adults on plants and other corners of your property.

Read the instructions carefully.

I aggressively treat each year. Will do my second treatment soon.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I use Lawn & garden "MAX" from home depot. I spray the perimeter of the property & tall bushes. Takes care of the ticks & gnats.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I was out Saturday bass fishing at two different spots and had ticks all over me. Must have had 40 in total. Good thing they were the big ones cause the smaller ones you can feel crawling.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I've used a pesticide called se7en (seven). It kills pretty much everything, but I wouldn't use it around kids and pets. It's in a red bottle, found at Home Depot or Lowes.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Lime and pine needles or trees around the peremiter.That way nothing is harmfull for your little one.What it is about the pine trees that ticks don't like I have no idea. I just know the dogs I had in Va had their kennel built around few white pines and va pines. they never got tick or fleas,well until we let them run around the yard lol.

Lime irritates all sorts of insects fleas ,ticks,grubs ect ect ect.plus helps the lawn two birds one stone.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Sevin is the pesticide you are looking for unless you know an Licensed Exterminator and can get your hands on Permethrin Pro. You may have to reapply after a few weeks because they migrate in from the areas outside the treatment area.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Talstar does a good job at controling ticks

I'm thinking of getting guinea hens, don't like to use pesticides but hate ticks (lyme disease actually) more

spray your cloths with Permethrin spray, it lasts like 2 weeks and through washings. Works pretty good. You can get permethrin spray at walmart, sports shops, etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts