New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunted till 9:30. Saw no deer.3 rubs overnight within site of my stand!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My Dad was out this morning. He saw 11 deer a few being small bucks. I hope to get out this afternoon.

B

·
0 Posts
I worked also[down]wish there was a place to hunt near where I work, I get out at 2 pm

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
went and baited this afternoon - 6 scrapes I hit with scenton Tuesday all re-opened and bigger, with 2 new ones - all of them within 40 yards of my stand. Gonig out to this spot for the first time all year tomorrow evening - rain or no rain

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Left Ringwood at 1:00 PM and was in my tree in Zone 9 at 2:00. Before I could pull my bow up, a spike and a three pointer chased a doe within 10 feet of my stand. After 40 minutes I had seen 2 spikes, a three pointer, a five pointer and a nine. All small antlers.

I put a perfect shot on the ninth deer that I saw and checked in a "bank a doe" at Bordy's. Tag #20409. Was back home by 6:15 PM.

I made the landowner happy and now I can pick out something that has been tearing up his trees.

Perfect end to a great day in the woods. [up]

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
went out this afternoon in zone 7 and saw nothing except new scrapes and rubs within 30 yards of my stand. Going tomorrow if it is not raining.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Went out in zone 5 today, got in the stand at about 2:30. Saw nothing until last light when a group of does moved into my field about 75 yards out, but it got real dark real fast. Had a nice 8 within shooting range (hope he shows again during permit) on Tuesday, but had to let him walk. I think the moon is still jerkin' us around a little, but the deer seem to be moving a little earlier in the PM. I'll be out Friday and Saturday too though (ahh, the life of a college student ;)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I passed on a tall 4 point last night. Did not see any other deer.

-dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts