New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here use a thumb release,just picked up a true ball 3 but I find myself liking it but also having trouble with it because I can't get the same anchor point I had with old trigger release. It seems I can't get the kisser close to my face as I like because of my hand. If the release was a little longer it would be perfect,but they all look the same size,I need my hand to go back another inch. Has anyone switched over to thumb release, what did you get and did you have to resight the bow in.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
You can't just hook one on and go. Your anchor is more under your jawbone now, raise your peep, lengthen loop, resight bow. You will shoot better because it does provide a more solid anchor with your hand planted more against your face

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it seemed like the anchor point was lower. I will wait till season is over then play around with it. I like my regular trigger release but it takes me to long to get my finger over the trigger,when I pull back I like to keep my finger behind the trigger. I definetly like the thumb release just the anchor issues are holding me back

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Years ago I shot a thumb release and I was definitely a better shooter back then. I'm considering the switch as well but like you said, not during the season. Good luck

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ive used one for years …anchor point was under jaw with first and second knuckle behind the bend in jaw kisser bottom in corner of mouth…..stopped using peep sit the day I had a big ass 9 ptr under me in low light condition and couldn't see where i was aiming …opened my eyes to adjust and the M F er ran off !

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I've been shooting one for years.Theres no question your anchor point changes from a wrist strap.Try a bigger d - loop see if that helps.If not there's plenty of carter's and stans that seem longer.i shoot the shoot off and simple one.i actually shoot a half in. Longer draw length with a handheld.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts