New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just about ready to throw in the towel on turkey hunting. 3 years of trying to get one and no luck but whats worse is i cant even get a bird to come in. i give up trout fishing on saturdays for turkeys. maybe its time to get back to the fish.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
'm just about ready to throw in the towel on turkey hunting.
i am about the same way but for 2 years. granted i havent been out that much this year..but all i see is hens and when i hear gobblin they dont want anything to do with me

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Woj., cmon. You can still do it. How many weekends you have left? You want me to go with you next Sat.? We can double team them? We need to get you a bird!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Woj .... you will connect. You just need a good spot.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
keep at it its only a matter of time, i had a buddy just like you who hunted for prob close to 4 turkey seasons in pa ny and nj and never called a bird in finally this year he managed to do it and it was like xmas morning for him!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I feel the same way. I haven't gotten a bird now for 7 years. Hunted alot last year and couldn't find a bird. This year only out three days, and when I finally caught up the the gobblers my permit ran out and none left in the zone I hunt.

Although it is still exciting to see them and hear them gobble.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I hear you I am in the same boat. I am giving upstate NY a try next week.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Keep at it you still have a couple more weeks. When you nail that bird it will be very sweet experience! Hope things at home work out.

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
when you are down on your luck, whether its hunting our your personal life. Turn to your buddies for a helping hand. You should take elusive up on his offer to tag team the birds this weekend. [up]

good luck. [up]

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Woj., give me a call tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you are seeing hens and hearing gobblers, you're where you should be. There are so many things that can go wrong...that what makes success so sweet when it happens.

Are you using decoys?...hunting stationary with a blind?...moving in on birds?....etc. Let folks help out a bit;)

But in the end it's as much attitude and persistance than anything else. Hang in there.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Woj, you suck! :p J/K There's been less around the last few years. It's tough, the weather has been crappy. I don't turkey hunt but it took my dad 10 straight days to finally score on a gobbler. You'll appreciate it more when you do finally score. [up]

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I still havent shot one. Been out a couple seasons, but never dropped the hammer. I guess you can say I gave up, but I still have all the equiptment, and desire, what I am lacking is time to myself. I will tell you though, I have had them close, but not close enough, but once that happens, HOLY CRAP what a feeling. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Hang in there! This guy hunted for his 1st turkey for 10 years, spent over $3000 on guided hunts. I took him 2 yrs ago on opening day. Sometimes it takes longer it will be that much better when it happens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.