New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
im using 2 pyrodex pellets and 250 shockwave. why do u use 2 primers how does that work lol. with 2000 fps the ballitics must be real good did u try shooting distance

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All Encores forends need to be shaved down so that they dont touch the reciever.Only after I did that did i get tight groups.The Endevor only shot 4 to 6 inch groups. Most Encores need trigger jobs ,the forend shaved down and a new hinge pin so that it does not move. Then they become tack drivers.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
dutch my encore shoots a group of just over an inch at 100 with my muzzy barrel and have gotten under an inch with my .280 rem. I have never done any work to my gun. I think the encore trigger is very good quality.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have owned 3 Encores and had to do that sucks to be me.However I love the feel of them. Thanks for the load. I really want to gets the Barns bullet to shoot . I have killed 22 deer with them and all drop within my sight.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Most Encores need trigger jobs ,the forend shaved down and a new hinge pin so that it does not move. Then they become tack drivers.
Agreed...I did all that, I also switched to small rifle primers and 110 grains of loose fff triple 7 powder. 260 gr. dead center bullets. Any one of the changes do not do much but when you do it all the difference is amazing. If I had to do one thing it would be the trigger job.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
my encore has a decent tigger, not the best but not bad either. my .50 cal muzzleloader and .280 Rem fluted PH barrels both shoot MOA w/ stock hinge pin. recently upgraded to a slightly oversized Bellm hinge pin but have'nt had the chance to see if it changed anything.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My omega will outshoot all 3 Encores hands down .I use 110 blackhorn with 250 and 300 grain Barnes bullets and they both touch at 100 yards. Again I just love the feel of the Encores.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wen to range today I shot all suggested loads and the all shot 2 to 3 inches out of this gun. Finally tried the 2 triple 7 Pellets Magnum with the 250 Barnes MZ Bullet with CCI-209M primers and got 1 1/4 inch group at 100 yards. The work on the gun did cut the group in half. next thing I will go for the trigger job. However I can live with a 1 1/4 inch group. Cold one at the Range [email protected] degrese.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.