New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That time of year again!...NYS Lifetime licenses are arriving.

I also want to add that a number of the lifetime license fees will be rising substantially after Oct 1st. If you qualify, and have been thinking about getting a lifetime sportsman, or just adding to it, now is the time to do it!!

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Relatively speaking...FREE!

(I paid for the lifetime sportsman several years ago, added the lifetime MZ a few years back, and will be adding the lifetime Bow this year before the 20%price increase....The money I have saved on regular licenses has already paid for itself. Keep in mind as a non-resident now I would have to pay non resident license prices if I were to buy yearly licenses now.)

JC

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Some friends of mine have them, it's a pretty good deal and with the upcoming license fee bump, so the price looks even better.

"Lifetime licenses are available only to residents of New York State who have been residents for at least one year immediately prior to the application date (proof required)."

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6099.html

·
Registered
495 Posts
Keep in mind as a non-resident now I would have to pay non resident license prices if I were to buy yearly licenses now.
JC -
If a lifetime license is available to residents of New York state only, how do you qualify to add the lifetime MZ and lifetime bow licenses to your existing license if you're a non-resident now? Apparently, you purchased this originally as a NY resident, and New York says this is okay or are you basing these new purchases on the "they won't ask and I won't tell" scenario? I guess what they don't know won't hurt them. Kudos for you man.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Rub that salt in about having the lifetime licencse[hihi], I just paid 140 bucks for the bow only. Im surprised youre still eligible for the lifetime licencse if not a resident, but then again, lifetime means lifetime. That is definately the way to go, it would be great if NJ did that.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently, you purchased this originally as a NY resident, and New York says this is okay or are you basing these new purchases on the "they won't ask and I won't tell" scenario? I guess what they don't know won't hurt them. Kudos for you man.
That is the beauty of the Lifetime Sportsman, once you purchased it, for all intents and purposes the state treats you as a Lifetime Resident with regard to purchasing additional tags. While this benefit may only be extended to those that have purchased the lifetime Sportsman license as I have, I am not sure.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Technically I purchased my regular hunting license as a resident, and at this point am only adding a privilege ot the existing resident sportsman license...Not really purchasing a new hunting/fishing license per say.

This is how it has been treated for years in the past, if anything has changed I will be sure to update that fact here.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just found one more interesting fact. Once the Oct deadline hits even those that purchase a Lifetime Sportsman will have to pay the 10$ yearly fee to apply for doe permits.

Previously, all those, myself include, that purchased a Lifetime Sportsman license were granted access to free doe permits for life.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doe permits were $10 also for the non resident super sportsman this year.
Doe permits are $10 for everyone...Except Lifetime Sportsman who get them free. As I stated above however, anyone that buys a new Lifetime Sportsman after Oct 1st 2009 when the new changes take effect will no longer recieve the free permits in the furture as will the current Lifetime Sportsman license holders.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to follow up...

My NYS lifetime bow license arrived today. As I had thought, even as a non-resident I am still eligible to add it to my existing resident licenses due to my lifetime sportsman holder status.

One more benefit of the Lifetime license once purchased..

JC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.