New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from CNN.com

Congress may extend daylight-saving time
Thursday, April 7, 2005 Posted: 10:16 AM EDT (1416 GMT)

RELATED
• Interactive: Daylight-saving time
• CNN/Money: Gas prices hit new high

WASHINGTON (AP) -- If Congress passes an energy bill, Americans may see more daylight-saving time.

Lawmakers crafting energy legislation approved an amendment Wednesday to extend daylight-saving time by two months, having it start on the first Sunday in March and end on the last Sunday in November.

"Extending daylight-saving time makes sense, especially with skyrocketing energy costs," said Rep. Fred Upton, R-Michigan, who along with Rep. Ed Markey, D-Massachusetts, co-sponsored the measure.

The amendment was approved by the House Energy and Commerce Committee that is putting together major parts of energy legislation likely to come up for a vote in the full House in the coming weeks.

"The more daylight we have, the less electricity we use," said Markey, who cited Transportation Department estimates that showed the two-month extension would save the equivalent of 10,000 barrels of oil a day.

The country uses about 20 million barrels of oil a day.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I think this would give us less time to hunt in the morning and more time in the afternoon. Not sure tho

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
it will still be 1/2 before sunrise and 1/2 after sunset... just the number on your clocks would be sooner if any thing we gain 1 hour at night. it would be like the start of the season hours, but by Nov it would still get dark about 5:00 5:30 (6:00 6:30) with the new time.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, if you sit in a stand all day long, it won't effect you at all... the length of day obviously won't change. But if you're looking to get in a few hours in the afternoon, it would help you... instead of it getting dark at 5ish, it will be getting dark at 6ish. It will make getting up for dawn a bit easier too.:D

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Works out great for me. Rather than sitting in 9 am traffic going home I'll be 10:00 and Rather than rush hour traffic at 5:30 it will be 6:30 traffic winding down. Thats in the middle of the week of course.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Bottom line:

Sunrise at 7 AM... I get to hunt until 9:30 AM.
Sunrise at 6 AM... I get to hunting until 9:30 AM.

Us morning guys would lose an hour in the morning. I gotta head to work at 9:30 AM.

·
Registered
273 Posts
sorry drag on this one...more hours at night ...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
This works out great for me then. I work until 5pm. I might be able to get in a couple of hours after work... assuming I can skip out a little early.

David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts