New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If something does not go down this year either deer or a bear I think I am going to hang it up. I very much enjoy the time in the woods but only 2 doe in 7 years I'd getting frustrating. I know there will be some hate bashing but to them F/O to everyone else thank you to those that helped me

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if they were that good a spot I would have more deer in the freezer but get my location and come sit here

I know it is not always about the kill I love being in the woods just frustrating

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
When I first started it took me 4 yrs before I shot my first deer , I know exactly how your feeling and I felt the same way that I suck at this maybe hunting aint for me but just hang in there . If deer hunting is all you do maybe try some small game and duck hunting to break up the routine . small game definitely help me not only over the frustration of not being able to harvest a deer but walking the woods finding not only better hunting spots just seeing stuff that I never new was around . John

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well if you give it up the only guarantee you can be sure of is 0 deer for 7 years. Take a step back assess your hunting technique. Maybe you picked up some bad habits over the years and don't realize it. I did but didn't realize it until my kids were old enough to start hunting with me.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hang in there Buddy! Took me 5 years to get my first than 2 years after that to get my first buck. Check your habits, read, study your areas, and don't be afraid to mix it up. Try not to burn out your spot. Are you hunting private or public?

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
If you really like hunting, do not just give it up. Look around for a club to join or put in time to locate a small piece of private land. It's all about finding the right land.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
INSANITY = doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
I PM you last fall a bunch of very good spots to check out when you complained here about not seeing deer.
those spots are loaded with deer.
comes down to putting time in at the right spots.even if can't get there as often.

Looking at a new piece of woods may seem hard at first.
But the more spots look at the more you will learn and more successful you will become

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
i hunt zone which has a low deer density. so i am lucky to see deer most of the time . hunting is my escape to enjoying nature and gives me relief from this hectic world . just saying . just a question maybe why your not seeing deer. do you smoke when your hunting ? here's a big one, some people are very figety and move a lot while they are on stand and deer will see this . you may not realize they see you , before you see them . hang in there, who knows you may get the state record buck.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have been hunting for over 40 years and come to realize the kill is only a part of the hunt . The satisfaction it the end of the day weather you kill or not IS THE BEST PART

·
Registered
129 Posts
I sat all day yesterday with a 1 hour break at one. On the way in my second time I considered sitting in my buddy's stand. Suffice it to say I didn't. Than I watched at a distance as deer moved in that direction. Not giving up. I'm up for the challenge. Stay with it man. The chess game against deer is what keeps me coming back. Still no buck here. Only one doe.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
With the length of the season, legal baiting, and cross bows during bow season, I find it very hard to find that intone actually gets skunked(i.e. Never got a chance to take a deer).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts