New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 more week and I'm done, 12 hours a night 7 days a week. Ive only been at it for 2 weeks and it feels like 2 months. No fishing,no scouting and forget what its doing to my sleep patterns. I need to retire. Only 25 years 3 months and 10 days. If I appear to be rambling I appologize for anything I already said or am about to say in the near future.

B

·
0 Posts
well 9 years ago when I became an officer they put me on the night shift, it was for 9 months which for me seemed like 9 years!!! I was only hunting for 1 day out of the week, but I payed my dues and thank GOD i'm on 1st shift since then!!!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I worked my way through college working night shifts... 40 hours a week + full time college wasn't fun... so I feel your pain. Hang in there man. [up]

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm new to this board, but I can't help but comment on you saying how 12 hour shifts are killing you as a new officer. I have been there for more than 18 years I can tell you it gets better, cheer up! Some of the best time afield come from the shifts we work.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Actually, after 15 years, I love the midnight shift. I rotate 4 mids, 2 off, 4 3-11's,2 off, 4 7-3's.....and so on...It is the changing shifts every week that I hate. Dave

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a cop guys just to clear that up.I work for the department of defense at Picatinny.Man 9 months straight of this would drive me insane.besides having to monitor sensitve systems there are alot of times when I'm in the field having calibrate equipment fix euipment and broken pipes ect... needless to say working 12 hours a day 7 days a week does not leave any time for much of anything besides Trying to catch some sleep.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jim, it looks like Monmouth is on the block.the word is they will try to fit in as many people form there to Picatinny as posible,those who want to transfer that is. Over 80% of R&D for the army is done here plus the government has been spending millions here on numerous projects.I'm pretty sure were safe here. Then agian they could just say lets move all R&D to Alabama. If this happens it will take years to close this place because its a superfund site and me being a disabled vet I will be among those putting the lock on the gates.. Gives me a little time to find another job.

B

·
0 Posts
NJDOC Special Operations Group (SOG)

Your near me RACKED OUT, I live in Lodi

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I love these 12 hour shifts. You have every other weekend off and an extra 74 days off a year than the regualt 8 hour shift. But I can see where 12 hours shifts for 7 straight days would suck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts