New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a longbeard give me the slip on Saturday, While I was watching his 6 buddies whom were all Jakes.
Monday I left him alone while I went out with the cameraman and got him a Nice Gobbler. (Video Bird)
Yesterday He was coming in, but before he got with-in range The six Jakes intercepted him and off they went to have their own little party over the hill.
Last night I had him roosted and knew exactly where I wanted to be this morning.
Daybreak came and he let the world know he was still alive. I let him Gobble for awhile then gave him some tree talk on the njplotts double talker. He double Gobbled and triple Gobbled. I let him carry on for another 10 minutes or so and gave him a fly-down cackle with a ******** pride yelper and he went nuts.
I never heard him fly down but I just had a feeling he was on the ground. As soon as I raised my gun to the location I expected to see him...He appeared.
He knew exactly where the hen should be and was eyeballing me real good. Soon he started flipping his wings and jerking his head I knew he was getting nervous. I swung the end of the barrel about 3 inches put the Holosite on his pretty redhead and touched her off. Strike Three!

I just love Turkey hunting..[up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I just love Turkey hunting
I do too, the birds just don't love me yet :D

Congratulations Mike on another fine bird and another fine storty to go along with it [up][up]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.