New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done it? Dont really like what iv been seeing and plus my permit is going to expire soon (already extended) any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Get the best receiver you can afford; that part (as you probably know) is the part with the serial #. You have all the time in the world to go through the Brownell's .45 catalog, and the Midway catalog, looking for ideas. There are plenty of "how to" videos out there too.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Unlike an AR, a good 1911 cannot be assembled from a bunch of purchased parts without a fair amount of gunsmithing.
I have thought about it in the past, and came to the realization that there is a reason why gunmakers such a Brown, Wilson and Baer exist.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Unlike an AR, a good 1911 cannot be assembled from a bunch of purchased parts without a fair amount of gunsmithing.
I have thought about it in the past, and came to the realization that there is a reason why gunmakers such a Brown, Wilson and Baer exist.
Excellent point.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Anyone done it? Dont really like what iv been seeing
What do you plan to use it for. When I shot on a pistol team i opted for a S&W model 52 for my centerfire piece. Most opted for custom .45's. As stated unless you know how to make the pieces work together you could be in for a "jam session".

Most if not all the .45 shooters with custom guns looked for a great priced series 70 pistol for a base. Don't want to spend alot on what your going to end up putting in a box, not to be used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts