New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a day off work about a month ago. Set up a stand in a big oak grove. It was pouring rain when I did it. From what I have been reading, decided it was now time to hunt the oaks. It's a twenty minute walk to get to it. Think I'm lost for a minute then reality kicks in! Thief got me! Hunterdon County park property.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
that sucks. ive heard this happening before. a buddy of mine got his snagged on park property and it turned out he got him on the cam and it was the guy who hunted it the year before and didnt get the permit the year after. what park property if i may ask ?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Also curious as to what park? I hunt adjacent to park property and would like to know if a thief is lurking. Sorry for your loss, personally I wish society would just realize that criminals lose their rights as soon as they decide to break the law. In other words, you get caught stealing once, bye bye finger. Twice, bye bye hand. Personally, I think the world would be a better place. No worries if your honest.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Hunterdon county is most affluent. You would think those who hunt there could afford their own stands. The dirty bastards...[mad]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
SOrry to hear. that sux.[down] i also had a climber stolen last season. I reached out and another member of the site was willing to make a fair trade with me climber for ladder stand so I didn't have to pay for a new climber. Somebody on here will have something for sale or trade for sure.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
It stinks[down]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[down][wallmad]

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I wonder if this kind of thing is ever going to stop. It makes me sick to think someone would steal another's property. Sorry to hear it has happened to you.[wallmad]

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Took a day off work about a month ago. Set up a stand in a big oak grove. It was pouring rain when I did it. From what I have been reading, decided it was now time to hunt the oaks. It's a twenty minute walk to get to it. Think I'm lost for a minute then reality kicks in! Thief got me! Hunterdon County park property.
Did you put your permit number on the stand. If you didnt, call the park system a ranger may have taken it down. Call the parks and ask to speak to a ranger. (908) 782-1158

1 - 20 of 38 Posts