New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad recently retired. He's been hunting just about every day (in PA). He's holding out for a monster.

Anyway... he told he had a thick spike with an 18 inch spread underneath his tree the other morning.

He said it was huge...just zero points on the beams.

Does not matter... in PA its statewide at least 3 points on one side.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I saw a Spike like that one year when I was younger. But Since the antler restrictions I havent seen a spike in 4 years

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He might be jinxed because another time this year he had a huge buck at 20 yards...but passed because he only had one side... the other broke off somehow (probably a car).

B

·
0 Posts
Last year I saw a spike here in NJ while hunting. He had normal spikes, but he was a big body deer I would say 150LB.

·
Registered
750 Posts
in the same boat as your dad. ever since the antler restriction i have only had small bucks around the past few years myself. so maybe before i retire i will see a shooter again. i,m only 36

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
ever since the antler restriction i have only had small bucks around the past few years myself. so maybe before i retire i will see a shooter again. i,m only 36
I am fortunate enough that I have one property, that is 22 acres, which borders 80 acres that isnt hunted, and every year either myself or someone I take on this property gets a trophy buck. I saw a Big 8 pointer, maybe 120 cl [no swearing please] opening morning of archery this year. If I wasnt so figity, as Matty would say, then I would have payed more attention to the buck I couldnt see than the does.

·
Registered
750 Posts
i,m sure i will get back on track. more worried about 2 sons getting and seeing deer than myself. 1 son down 1 to go see how his luck is with the youth hunt.

·
Registered
750 Posts
drag ,imb21 . do you guys have a taxidermist here in lower bucks that you recommend. have to pick up sons 5 pointer. hope gene doesn't get upset because this is a real trophy for my son and myself as the proud dad.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I don't know of anyone, but if you are familiar with Hellertown, I know there is a guy there, Go to Saucon Meats and they have the name

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I use a top nothc guy in the amwell area - that is not to far from Bucks county on the NJ side - He wins awards with his work - when he chooses to go in to contests - expensive though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts