New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad it was when i walked out of my house at 5:30 this morning to come to work. i heard 3 different birds across the street gobbling.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i should setup on my porch. i'll wear blue and white camo to match the rails around my porch...lol

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah if they see a mailman with a gun it will look natural.:D

going postal! lol

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Hey woj...where do you live in Glen Gardner? I thought that you lived right in town

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i live up sanitorium. 2nd street on the right. i'm right before where it splits to go to hagedorn. it's a private road.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
ahhh...so the birds were gobbling in the water property, Hmmmm....and thats zone 9..you might just see big blue parked up there this week.

I think we deer hunt behind your house

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the birds roost across the street right on sanitorium. they then fly down across the street and go up the hill towards the tower. then i see them again come down before dark and roost back up in the same trees. do you hunt the water tower? how did you get permission to hunt it?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i tried getting permission to hunt the hospital but no luck. i always see guys hunting be the tower. they prk down bottom by the building. i can see them while i look out my second floor window. i saw a guy shoot a doe one day a couple of years ago from my window.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I don't really hunt the water tower too much, we drive the township property (behind your house,kinda)a couple times a year and push them onto the water property. There really is no getting permission to hunt there, it's just a place that a couple locals have always hunted. My buddy hunts there,has most of his life,he is kind of the warden in there,lol, he'll kick almost everyone out of there. He keeps telling me to bird hunt up there but I just haven't done it yet,just my luck the "wrong" person will come across my path.

You will never get permission to hunt the hospital....Ahhhh you should have been around during the trespassing days...now they were some fun times...lol

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i heard about those days around there. does your friend have a gray ford pickup? if so, that guy still hunts with an original baker treestand. it has a wooden base. he's nuts!

that property is patrolled all the time. they drive atv's and in the snow they drive around with snowmobiles. i see deer behind the house everyday. occasionally a bear. now in the spring and summer the turkeys are all over that place.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Yes he does,(his name is Bill if you ever come across him) that baker is mine, I think my name may still be on it.

The water company isn't patrolled at all but the Hagedorn property is,not really during winter bow though ;). Do you know the Bishops? I think that they are your neighbors,unless that is who you bought your house off of.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i live on tall timbers. there is no one named Bishop on my road. i have the newer house in the middle of the road. maybe the bishops are the white house that is up that dirt road.
not really during winter bow though
don't believe it. i live there. i see them patrolling all the time. plus i walk around back there.

i can't believe he is still using the baker. that is dangerous.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
no one patrols the water property,no one really cares. The Hagedorn is patrolled by the Human Service poor excuse for a cop idiots. Here's the ironic thing,have you ever gone in the back on the Hagedorn property? Go back by the cop shop and take notice of the BIG corn pile right outside their building,it's a known fact that they shoot the deer right out their back door of the pile, those guys are such jokes,ever meet any of them? Just ride around the roads around the buildings and they will stop you just to check you, they check me a couple times a year...and they know who I am from pulling me over so much and they know that I am only looking at all the deer.you'll see what I mean if they ever stop you

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i knew one guy but he isn't there anymore. funning you say that. yesterday i'm turning into my road and a human services cop had a neighbor pulled over by the mailboxes. i had to stop to get my garbage cans anyway. but he was right in the road. i've been stopped once by them. i have been back by the cop shop. i see all the deer there all the time.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dbuck,
i didn't see you out there this morning. the birds were gobbling again,

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Yeah I went out....nothing. had a guy blowing a crow call about every 5 minutes alllll morning long about 300 yards away from me, the only reason I stayed put was because I thought that maybe the birds would avoid him and come to me...nope. I'm SICK of turkey hunting, I doubt that I will be buying anymore permits for this season.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Neither....Pequest

1 - 20 of 27 Posts