New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I agree things are getting too high tech these days, and all it means is that more shit is gonna break. Thank God many states ban hunting with any type of thermal imaging or night vision

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
What they don't tell you is that camera costs $ 10-13k not something the average poacher is going to run out and buy. Some of the FLIR units have come down in price but the decent ones are all over 10 grand.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Baverman is correct. When we purchased new Bullard TICs for our Fire Dept, they were nearly $15k a piece.

I don't think there is anything wrong with using any tools or appliances available for wildlife study; no one is shooting or hunting any animals with them.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Just because a limited production item is expensive NOW has nothing to do with what it will cost down the road.

Give this state enough $$$ and in time you will be able to use a system that includes face/ ANTLER recognision and an electronic pulse to knock em down till you get there to "Hunt" your trophy down.
Electronic tagging for location later sure why not it will be a "Choice" and just how modern hunters do it now bla bla bla.
When will we take things to a point when we all agree it is nolonger hunting?

·
Registered
884 Posts
my brother has one and scans the deer in his yard all the time he lives in the middle of a development and has deer in his yard all the time 2 nights ago he had a big 8 pointer he would never know they were there with out it

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Well, not that I know anyone who did it, but I've heard that there are a few helmet mounted units that have been coming back from the AOR. Usually pieced back together from the parts of other broken units that were marked as "destroyed."

I've heard of scumbags using them to poach.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmm... makes since there's blood under that velvet in the growing antlers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts