·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it works and doesn't spook deer?

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
gunna have to get me one..i always just let the bugs bite...time to upgrade [hihi][smirk]

·
Registered
413 Posts
you cant smell propane becasue it runs on Butane, there is a slight odor to it but i have never had it spook deer, used it 2 weeks ago deer came in from the down wind side it didnt phase them one bit. Been using for 5 years now and never had it spook a deer. Works great.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Its a bit bulky, so I used High Strength Velcro to attach to my climber. It is out of the way and the regular, non scented inserts work great.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It absolutely works great ... but the deer sure as heck smell it. I've had them take off like they saw a Sasquatch and my buddy had them snorten and blowing ... but not bolting. I just use deet again; but mosquitos don't bother me much either. Bites go away in about 30 minutes for some reason. Probably all the time I spent in the swamps as a kid and two billion bites back then. If it came to hunting or going home ... I'd use it in a heartbeat, because it works.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
just tried it out this year for first time, and once it started to work, the bugs were gone. not one bite.

as for whether it spooks the deer, im not sure cause the day i used it didnt see one deer[confused]

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet, gonna get it!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
just tried it out this year for first time, and once it started to work, the bugs were gone. not one bite.

as for whether it spooks the deer, im not sure cause the day i used it didnt see one deer
Doesn't that have you thinking about the thing and the scent plume it gives off??? LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts