New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I got up this AM to go out for some ducks, I never thought I would be home before shooting time. I pulled into the parking lot and there it was....

It appears (after speaking with a fellow boater/hunter, who came out at about 5PM Monday night 11/28/2011) that this sign miraculously appearred overnight. He was at the ramp before me this AM (Tues) and we were stunned. I called Police HQ and asked about it... well I am not a "basher" but you can imagine how useful a partime, 5am, wannabee, dispatcher is... [wallmad]
He had no idea, but said "..if there is a sign it must be real.." I said thanks, and I would be over later today to ask about it further (yes, very nicely not being a wiseass) The other guy, then called a few minutes later, the first thing he was asked was..."did you just call?.." then he was given the answers to the effect..."... well if there is no ord# then it probably isnt in effect (yet)..." "..we dont know anything about it..." He asked for them to send an officer over, he was told "No"

I would like to suspect that this is just another anti move... they are gearing up for 6 day and this is when they are thickest out there. If this is the town nipple-tilting to the antis (again) shame on them.

I have had it with this state, and as of today, I announce; I am officially starting my search, to relocate to one of the TRUE AMERICAN STATES!

·
Registered
539 Posts
their is no # in acordancte to statue so & so . make the sighn disapere.[hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure one of the other guys will accidently knock it into the water... or maybe some kids will steal it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If its the ramp I think it is state owns it not town

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the stuff wildlife preserves inc and land trust pull all the time, aside from stealing cams and stands, or throwing them in the river they claim to care about so much.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Check the tax map and see who owns the ramp-if its the state-Tell fairfiled Twp. to take their sign down, and Call a C.O. and report the problem

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
That sucks . Follow up on it , just another
Reason to leave this suck ass state.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so did you lanch the boat? I would have
The other guy did and went to his spot, I put in, went about 5mins up river then decided it wasnt worth the risk of a ticket, I cant afford ($) one now, so I came back and went home. If it is a town thing they can assign any price to the ticket they want so it isnt worth it to me until I find out the true story.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
its a little sketchy anyway. all the land there is either wildlife preserve anti hunting group[down], hunting club private, or lincoln park or montville. just make sure you are legal, because since wildlife bs came in, its a little different.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
America sounds AWESOME, doesn't it ?? I wish lived there !!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Just stopped by on my way to a trap line near by. Yeah. Positive its state land as per Mailman you was told by county people. And I spoke to homeowner when I put my turtle trap there. And he said its state. I'll confirm tommorrow via tax map.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The other guy did and went to his spot, I put in, went about 5mins up river then decided it wasnt worth the risk of a ticket, I cant afford ($) one now, so I came back and went home. If it is a town thing they can assign any price to the ticket they want so it isnt worth it to me until I find out the true story.
That sounds like a good idea to me, I would have been pissed but the price of a ticket is not worth the risk to me. I would have done the same thing, then maybe come back in a day or two and made the sign go away. Then if your ticketed, ask how you where to know [ko]. And I would look into it farther, if I remember right most boat ramps are owned by the state not townships.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
What realy kills me is that all that land owned by Wildlife Preserve, Inc. was purchased with our tax dollars-that's right, green acres funding gave thousands of acres to anti's[wallmad]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a call into the Chief of PD, he is a good guy and I am sure he will get back to me.

My father bumped into an Officer this AM at the coffee shop and he said he knew nothing of it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts