New Jersey Hunters banner

thera cell

2K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  BamBamIII 
#1 ·
wondering if anyone uses them

#2 ·
thermacells you meant ,
hell ye greatest thing ever invented and thousands use them ,so run and buy one before they sell out[up]

#7 ·
Therma cell..excellent investment, I hunt Maine Bear in August couldn't do it if my Therma cell wasn't duct taped to the footrest of my climber.

#12 ·
Do they work on flies?

#14 ·
wondering if anyone uses them
Use the Search at the top of the page and you will find several discussions and reviews about them from over the years, GREAT product [up]

#16 ·
Only draw back to the Thermacell is that any breeze will render its effectiveness minimal. The device works by creating a bubble of gas around you that the mosquitos do not enter. However, a breeze will skew that bubble and render the effectiveness minimal.

It works best on calm days. But If you have a 10 MPH wind-don't bother-go with "No stinking bugs" odorless bugspray

#18 ·
I don't know how I ever turkey hunted without it.

As MTH says breezy day will prevent putting you in a bubble of vapor. My experience, however, is that when it is breezy flying insects are less of a problem anyway.

On the other hand I have to wonder if the vapor emitted is giving me cancer or some other malady

#24 ·
Does it repel flies and gnats?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.