New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
thermacells you meant ,
hell ye greatest thing ever invented and thousands use them ,so run and buy one before they sell out[up]

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Therma cell..excellent investment, I hunt Maine Bear in August couldn't do it if my Therma cell wasn't duct taped to the footrest of my climber.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Do they work on flies?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I bought 2 for the wife and I when I was in ME shooting sporting clays a month ago.
Worked like a charm. [up]

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
wondering if anyone uses them
Use the Search at the top of the page and you will find several discussions and reviews about them from over the years, GREAT product [up]

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
love it live by it [up][up]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Only draw back to the Thermacell is that any breeze will render its effectiveness minimal. The device works by creating a bubble of gas around you that the mosquitos do not enter. However, a breeze will skew that bubble and render the effectiveness minimal.

It works best on calm days. But If you have a 10 MPH wind-don't bother-go with "No stinking bugs" odorless bugspray

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I don't know how I ever turkey hunted without it.

As MTH says breezy day will prevent putting you in a bubble of vapor. My experience, however, is that when it is breezy flying insects are less of a problem anyway.

On the other hand I have to wonder if the vapor emitted is giving me cancer or some other malady

1 - 20 of 31 Posts