New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont give up yet, bucks are still breeding. I had this buck on camera for a couple weeks in one area 400 yards away, I was wondering where he went until I checked this cam and seen that he is with does now. dates/times are screwed up. He should be a good buck next year.

·
Registered
597 Posts
pines , retirement villages with old folks , one in the same [rofl]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I don't know about you but i'm more pumped for the fourth rut. That's when things really start happening.[up][rofl]

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I don't know about you but i'm more pumped for the fourth rut. That's when things really start happening.
I'm not hunting the 4th rut until Turkeywing tells us how to hunt it in Part 15.....[drinking]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm not hunting the 4th rut until Turkeywing tells us how to hunt it in Part 15.....
[rofl][rofl]Z34 The 4th rut, (aka the awkward silence phase), is preceded by the breeding phase. And then shortly after the fourth rut comes the little known fifth rut (aka the I have work early soooo i'll give you a call tomorrow? phase) It's not long after that they get back to a regular feeding pattern

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Have you ever seen spotted fawns in October? Do you think those Does were bred in November?

Those Does were bred in December and January. So you are not that far off with this post Vin.

I am sure Turkeywing will eleberate more on this subject [ninja]

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Those Does were bred in December and January
My dad watched a big 8 behind his house trailing a young doe, maybe even a fawn a few days ago. Drooling like crazy and trying to stick his nose up her ****

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dad watched a big 8 behind his house trailing a young doe, maybe even a fawn a few days ago
does your dad go jogging down deer runs and steal drippers?[ko][ko][ko][ko][ko]

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
does your dad go jogging down deer runs and steal drippers?
My dad doesn't look as half as old as that guy did. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the pics of the 8 off of his camera and post them. Too bad for us, the deer is in Teaneck Bergen County, so no hunting allowed. I might have to rent a black army helecopter to relocate the deer to public land.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
those are the best spots arent they
He said he was literally 20 feet from the deer, and they didn't even care that he or his dog were there. I've got to set up a shed trap by his house to get its antlers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts