New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What is wrong with this country ,have they forgot that our forefathers fought,bled,and died for us to have this and many other rights? Why do they all want to throw all our rights away?What is next, we have to live where they tell us,work where they tell us,and only allowed to have what they give us? I say we need to start making calls, writing letters and e-mailing people. this is an absolute outrage.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
thats such a crock of shit [wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

What is wrong with this country ,have they forgot that our forefathers fought,bled,and died for us to have this and many other right
look who is running this country...they dont care about our roots and who started this country...they aint from here[wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I heard on the radio today that if we got rid of guns and cars, we would live longer than the Europians.[wallmad][wallmad]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
I heard on the radio today that if we got rid of guns and cars
once they disarm the people that follow laws and buy guns legally...the average citizen...the thugs of this nation will have it so much easier and take over [wallmad]

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
once they disarm the people that follow laws and buy guns legally...the average citizen...
I am just an "average citizen" but I will never be disarmed.;)

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
This is a scary quote from that article;

"The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago had upheld the gun bans as legitimate expressions of local and state rights."

Expressions of local and state rights?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
i love how the opinion and beliefs of 9 people affects millions of people.

why dont they let us, the people decide. so no matter how it turns out, the majority have spoken

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
thats fing bs[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
262 Posts
Unless I am reading the article wrong this is a good thing. The supreme court has agreed to hear a challange to Chicago's hand gun ban.

Victory for gun-rights proponents in the Chicago case is considered likely, even by supporters of gun control, in the latest battle in the nation's long and often bitter dispute over the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. A ruling against the city's outright ban could lead to legal challenges to less-restrictive laws across the country that limit who can own guns, whether firearms must be registered and how they should be stored.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Unless I am reading the article wrong this is a good thing. The supreme court has agreed to hear a challange to Chicago's hand gun ban.
I'm getting the same thing. Sounds like a good thing to me too.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
I'm getting the same thing. Sounds like a good thing to me too.
i am pissed that it was this way in the first place...that is such crap...never should someones rights be taken away like that

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes it sounds good but this was pre SHOTomyer, she scares me as much as Obama. Who did she replace? did she replace one that said no in the DC case or did she replace one that said yes.

Yes it may sound good,but I have a feeling that they will side with Chicago.Which leads to DC trying to make it illegal again, and knowing Corslime(God forbid he is still in office) he will most likely try it state wide. I am telling you we NEED to send a clear message to the gov't , you know the Gov't that is supposed to listen to us,that works for us ect.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
The way i read the article,it is mostly pro-gun,not anti-gun.The supreme court is looking to lighten up on restrictions,even the right to carry laws in each and every state.thats a good thing.

·
Registered
808 Posts

Quote:
Victory for gun-rights proponents in the Chicago case is considered likely, even by supporters of gun control, in the latest battle in the nation's long and often bitter dispute over the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. A ruling against the city's outright ban could lead to legal challenges to less-restrictive laws across the country that limit who can own guns, whether firearms must be registered and how they should be stored.
Thats how I read it...it seems like a positive thing. Where are the negatives coming in?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The Supreme Court does not take on cases unless it feels there is good chance for lower court reversal.

yes it sounds good but this was pre SHOTomyer, she scares me as much as Obama. Who did she replace? did she replace one that said no in the DC case or did she replace one that said yes.
Sotomayor replaced Daved Souter. Souter dissented from the majority decision in DC v Heller.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sotomayor replaced Daved Souter. Souter dissented from the majority decision in DC v Heller
ok so she just replaced another no. ok so this may have a good chance in being reversed in Chicago.

Guys would you be willing to do the same fight for our rights in jersey? I know handguns are not banned but many others are and there is also the conceled carry laws,hell carry laws period. I say we do it,to get this state reversed would be an epic win for all law abiding american citizens rights.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts