New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunted a cornfield out in warren county this morning. We only had a canada goose spread out because we didn't think that the snow geese had come down yet. . . boy were we wrong. We had a nonstop cloud of snows flying over us for an hour+. Also saw some huge canada flocks, but couldn't get any to come down. Hopefully we will have some snow goose action next week! IMG_20151226_081627095.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Morris,

Is this state land you hunt? If so, where is it at? I'm trying to find areas to go hunting at up here, but keep finding "dead' ends when it comes to either crowding or nothing really flying at all.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Morris,

Is this state land you hunt? If so, where is it at? I'm trying to find areas to go hunting at up here, but keep finding "dead' ends when it comes to either crowding or nothing really flying at all.
Private land. Anywhere from warren county down to Salem you'll find snows. They're not hard to find and getting permission to hunt them is a lot easier than people think

·
Registered
102 Posts
Private land. Anywhere from warren county down to Salem you'll find snows. They're not hard to find and getting permission to hunt them is a lot easier than people think
I'm in Burlington County, is there any way I could link up with someone within the next few days and get some help looking? My buddy is coming up from Oklahoma and we've been dying to get some geese. I've scoured from the Coast all the way to Assunpink and haven't been too impressed. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a drive up north to Warren county to see if I can find any land to work.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
None on the ground in Warren county yet. Just flying over all day. I did 300 miles today and didn't see any. Not even in Merrill creek

·
Registered
15,843 Posts
None on the ground in Warren county yet. Just flying over all day. I did 300 miles today and didn't see any. Not even in Merrill creek
I saw them dropping into the reservoir right before dark. Whether they are staying or not I don't know. If that water stays open there will be thousands wintering over there. The video is from 2014. It was frozen over last year.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm in Burlington County, is there any way I could link up with someone within the next few days and get some help looking? My buddy is coming up from Oklahoma and we've been dying to get some geese. I've scoured from the Coast all the way to Assunpink and haven't been too impressed. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a drive up north to Warren county to see if I can find any land to work.
PM sent

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Theres a group of Canada geese that overnight in a little pond by me and there's one snow that hangs with them. I did see bunch fly over last night though in Old Bridge.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
There were thousands in the fields along rt 33 in pa today.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I just had a huge flock fly just over my house in Ewing NJ. I was outside cooking on the grill and thought they where Canadians but when I looked up the sky was white. What a cool sight at night.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Head a little further west, Allentown is usually loaded with snows.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I saw them dropping into the reservoir right before dark. Whether they are staying or not I don't know. If that water stays open there will be thousands wintering over there. The video is from 2014. It was frozen over last year.

I didn't see them this afternoon

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
They fly into pa every day from Merrill creek
have property over on the west side of MC and watch them every weekend fly into PA. I've tried to chase them but could never lock down where they go. I've seen them hit Nazareth quarry from time to time later in the mornings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts