New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 1/2 year old son just asked me where I was this morning. So I told him out scouting. He turned to me and said did you find any deer. I replied no they must have been hiding. He then says, dont worry when I get bigger I'll show you where they are.

Perplexed I asked you know where the deer are?

He told me yes, grandpa showed me where they are. They live in pennsylvania, they eat corn and after you throw the corn you have to say here deer, eat your dinner and they will come out from hiding.

Now I understand why I haven't gotten any deer yet :)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
That is cute. Maybe he's right.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Kids can also see better. Fifteen years ago when my son was 10 we were hunting when I shot a deer. I was fussin' & fumin' because I couldn't find the blood trail. Then:
"here's blood dad" "here's more blood" I would have lost that deer without him.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't tell from the 3 month old yet, but the 3 1/2 year old is definitely going to be an outdoors person. I'm a firm believer in if they dont want to do something dont push them to, but he wakes me up everyday and asks if he can shoot his bow, would walk through the woods for hours if his legs were bigger, and if I ask him video games or lake shenandoah fishing, he chooses fishing everytime.

He got very mad that grandpa and daddy did not bring him striper fishing in montauk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts