New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Since it appears to use torrents to download data, I'm going to have to try it at home. My home machine is a gaming rig with a GTX280. If it crushes that, these folks have a lot of optimization to do.

To see you video card, you can view it in the device manager. Assuming you run windows...

If you have a windows key on your keyboard, hit it and the pause key or right click "my computer" and left click properties. Click on Hardware tab, device manager and click the little plus sign next to display adapters. That will generally show you what card you have.

It looks like it could be interesting. I've alpha, beta and play tested games for 15 years. I'm even credited on a number of old EA titles. I wrote a graphical mud client in 96 http://www.geocities.com/malbor2/highland.jpg ,I know games!.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running Windows XP Pro. Pent 4 , 3.60 ghz , 504 MB ram . I guess my video card is Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family .

I'll have to check my notebook. It would not run on either one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't meet the specs. I waiting on a new laptop which will have the Core 2 Duo 2.something Ghz and 4GB ram with 256MB graphics card. I'm looking forward to playing. For DaveRose...Any word on a release for Xbox360?

·
Registered
747 Posts
The minimum system specifications that The Hunter has been tested to at this time are:

Pentium 4 (3 Ghz)
1 GB RAM
256 MB Graphics Card

Video Cards that The Hunter presently supports are:

Nvidia:

•7 Series (from 7600 and above)
•8 Series
•9 Series
ATI:

•X1800 (and above)
•HD 2000 series
•HD 3000 series
•HD 4000 series

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picking up on a few questions:-

Hmmmm GTX280, you will not be disappointed:)

Laptops are an area we are looking at but the 3D capabilities are limited. The high end gaming laptops run the game perfectly but many will struggle or not run the client as they were never intended for high end graphics use. 3D capabilities are going to improve on laptops quickly in the next couple of years but I know that does not help at the moment.

Console version, In development but I can't say anything yet other than it looks great on a 52" Plasma

Elk and new features, imminent. Would be nice to have some new content for Easter

·
Registered
192 Posts
there is a better game, Deer hunter 2005 you can buy a 30 day trial, customize weapons, go to different places to hunt, strictly deer, they have other animals though to make it more realistic, so i shoot them to have fun

·
Registered
534 Posts
Loaded it, but then it wouldn't work. [wallmad]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.