New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Does this game club have memberships available and what are the rates. I am looking to join a club for bird hunting.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I know only the following about the Chester Game Club/Trap Range:

Its 1 mile north of Rt. 24 along Rt. 206.
The trap range is only open to the public on Thursdays 6 - 10 PM.

Phone number: 908-879-7980

Oh yeah... I also have a $1 off coupon.

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I was a member the dues where $400. You also have to put in 5 working thursday nights at the trap range a year. You also need to make a certain percentage of the work details. Posting, Property clean up, ect.ect... I still know some of the guys there. It's not a bad club...Politics is always an issue as it is with any club.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Do they have a website?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I belong to old barne gun club. I deer hunt only. I think they put out 3000 birds for the season. There are a few dif. properties to hunt also.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Forkhorn,

If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you about your club.
1) How much are dues?
2) Where is it located and how big is it?
3) What can be hunted and what animals are stocked?
4) Do they have any openings?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yoda4x4, the dues are $400 for deer only and $650.00 for full membership. They stock pheasant and chukar. We are allowed to hunt whatever is in season. I heard there are turkey. I have seen some fox and my buddy saw a coyote. I only hunt in Long Valley on 600 acres. Grerat during early season but once pheasant starts I stay away from the fields. There are 3 or 4 other properties. zones 8, 10 and 12. If you want more info I will find the phone # for you. I had a great time during the rut!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Better check on turkey. Al only rents from early deer season until the end of semi wild season. I'm caretaker at Long Valley.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
JerseyJim,

Thanks alot. I must say, she's been mighty tasty too.

Forkhorn,

I'd appreciate it if you could get me that #. It sounds like it might be just what the Dr ordered.

David

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Bob,
You were the guy I met there and you showed me around.

Yoda,

I will look for the # and get it to you. Bob must know it by heart by now.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts