New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to post this here as a separate post to get everyone's attention, even though the same verbiage is in the reponse to Woj's "The Challenge is Over" post:

WOJ & JERSEYJIM -

You two got everyone "fired up" with the "original fishing challenge/kidding around", and got the attention of many others who wanted to join in, so it appears that the official "tie breaker" MUST be held at the August 20th "NEWJERSEYHUNTER.COM First Get Together" at Pequest WMA. [smirk]

It's nice to see that both of you dusted off your rods and got a little practice in, but "somehow"
this challenge thing got BIGGER than just the two of you... [cool]

After having spoken with you, Woj, Sunday night, and hearing that you had posted that you and JerseyJim had fished and completed "The Challenge", as it had become to be known to all of us, and that it ended in a "tie" was disheartening. [sad][smirk]

I am beginning to believe that you, Woj, may be a little intimidated by my, and others' fishing skills, and being that I've found a new "lure" that has outfished the Panther Martin about 10:1, I sense the "fear" in you, and can sympathize with this fear of being beaten BADLY in a fishing contest by any one of the rest of us on this site, but especially me!!!! [smirk]

I declare that "The Challenge" is still on, and I hereby outright challenge (and "triple dawg dare"!!!) you, Woj, and JerseyJim to not only the "The Challenge" with the rest of the members of this site who show up at the gathering, but to a personal "'Shoot Out' To The End" between the three of us!!!! :D [cool][smirk][up]

The rules will be simple, as you both originally intended, with a few mods:

ONE LURE or FLY PATTERN (make,model,color, etc... must be the same - allowed to carry multiple sizes & weights of this "one pattern", only) [up]

NO BAIT - Artificials, ONLY. [up][up]

Buddy system fishing - Two fishermen at all times fishing together to verify the number of fish and size of fish caught, as Catch & Release is the rule of the day for "The Challenge". [up][up][up]

LET THE GAMES BEGIN - GAME ON!!!!:D[cool][up][up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
so this is a new challenge that outlawJt is running huh. okay.

you make the rules. this is all your baby JT.:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew you were waiting for me (baiting me) to open my mouth up about "The Challenge", so that you could stick me with organizing it !!!!![smirk]

Well, "dumb like the fox that I am", I posted it separate to draw everyone's atttention to the fact that we still will be having an informal fishing challenge on August 20th!!! [cool]:p:D

The ground rules have been laid out, and the pairing up of fishermen will be the only task at hand that morning.

The chalenge is strictly on the honor systems of the fishermen in that only one pattern of lure will be carried during the entire contest.

Fishermen will be allowed to vote to determine if Berkley Power Atttractant Juice will be allowed to be added to any artificials.

Fishermen are requested to bring their own "legitimate" rulers/tape measures.

I will provide pens and log sheets for paired fishermen to keep track of what they caught and lengths of any fish they choose to measure for the challenge.

We also can discuss "pools" for most fish and largets fish - Winner take all.

Also, all are requested to bring their digital cameras and/or Walmart disposables to capture those "precious" fishing moments on film fo rthe website!!!

JT

·
11,226 Posts
August 20th I will be down the shore catching eels, crabs, and a buzz...[cool] I'll be on vacation from the 13th to the 27th.. Sorry but I wont be able to make the "New Challenge"... I'm all for a one on one day JT... We can even try and drag Woj out..

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Id like to chime in and bet that Ill catch no fish at all (with the luck im having lately)...

Actually I'd love to join everyone but my wife is due August 10.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunate news: Something came up, and I will not be attending the Aug. 20th picnic.

Hopefully someone else will pick up the ball with the fishing challenge and will keep it going.

Good luck to all and tight lines.

JT

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found out last night that my buddy just sold his decked out 31' Scarab custom fishing boat w/ hard T-top & rocket launchers and purchased a brand new 36' Contender - fully loaded.

The boat should be here that third week of August after all of the customization is completed...I wouldn't miss that first "shake down" cruise for anything in the world!!!

We're gonna be canyon running for most of August and September!!!

http://www.contender.com/fleet_360.asp?t=10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts