New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprising nobody else posted on this....

Scrubby's second trip organized for fluke on the Bingo was this morning, at 7 AM.

It started out quietly (TDaly slept in!). Jakesbeard and Mrs. (Ms.?) Jakesbeard were there. Others talked to included Scrubby, Bayonne, Cat (beer is breakfast!) and Matty, who kindly wished me well on my recent heart issue.

Great trip, a bit slow on the bite, but that's fishing.

If I failed to mention you, speak up; this time I remembered to bring everything BUT a camera.

Oh...Matty....1 word: KEEPER:D[up][up][up]

(and if she has a single mom over 45, PM me....PLEASE[cry]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
cool! i hope some people took some pics! [up]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
First I want to say THANKS Scrubby for putting this together I know it is hard to get a bunch of folks, time and money together in one spot on time and you did it all with a smile, Kudos to you dude!!!!

Bob it was good to see you on your feet.
Yes Matt Keeper!!
I have some pictures if anyone wants to post em PM an email I'm such a shlub I still have not set up a web based photo deal.

Elly and I were in the back of the boat with One shot kill, Matt + Leana and Outdoor Dave and his Dad I would fish with these folk any time again ONE REAL BIG part about fishing yesterday was I GOT MORE KEEPERS THAN MY WIFE AND I DID IT WITH WHITNESSES (Seems every time I got my ass kicked by her there is a crowd around to see it).
MS22 NICE fish dude 7#+!
ChrisN nice meeting you keep on fishin it is something you can do all over the world with some of the best folks on earth (and since most fish even wag their tails when you catch em I think they enjoy fishing too).
Willie good meeting you too.
I never got to say Hi to Charlie seems every time he was near me he had a cell phone to his head! : )

All in All a great day on the water and it was nice to sit down @ the Harberside with some of the folks afterwards to boot.
I'm looking forward to the next time...did somebody say Stripers?

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Good to see ya all thanks Scrub for putting this gig together.[up]

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Nice meeting everyone. The ride was a hike though, maybe next time I may get a trip going as well down south. Jakesbeard it was a pleasure fishing next to you and the wife as well as matt and his girl and I will PM you my e-mail for somew pics and then I can post them on here later on. An that was one hell of a fish MS22 nailed congrats.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Thanks once again Craig for putting it together.[up]Great time once again with a great bunch of guys. Plenty of laughs and fish although to many shorts and robins. [sad]Ended the day with 2 fluke ,joe98765... gave me 1 and I managed to hook 1 awhile later while deadsticking looking for a swivel.:D Craig and clan on the port bow, bailed fish all day. Time for me to get some pink;). Once again great time
did somebody say Stripers?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
it was a great time. Lots of laughs and there were a few fish caught[up]

it was great to meet some new people and kick charlies ass in fluke count...

4 fish to 3.....sounds like I WIN :D

dinner/lunch? was awesome.

Lena broke matts rod and then decided to bail fish on him[up] everytime I looked down there she was reeling in a fish!

awesome day thank you for putting it together scrubby

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Well, I had a good time but due to the previous nights escapades I was a tad bit under the weather and did not circulate as much as I would like to. Only took 2 pics the whole trip. I think Chris was high hook, good job dude on that double header. I was next to Tim, Just Ban Me Now. Guy bitched and complained the whole trip [rofl][rofl], Just kidding, if you weren't there I probably would have said even less. Larry was on the other side of Tim, he did good with I think 3 in the box. I threw 6 or 8 back and a couple of dozen sea robins.

Here's Tim with 1 of the 2 fluke he caught, I think this was his bigger one.[rofl]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The bite was a bit slow but with weather like that and the great bunch of people all along the rail, who can complain? Had a great day as I'm sure most did too. Congrats to MS22 on the pool fish.[up]
Thanks Craig for putting the trip together. Well done! The late lunch at the Harberside was a good call. Nice seeing some old faces and meeting new ones.
8/8/09 Bingo Trip [up][up]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
The bite was a bit slow but with weather like that and the great bunch of people all along the rail, who can complain?
[up][up]This sums it up perfectly.

Timmy we gotta get you set up for Fluke!

Oneshotkill Pics a commin a bit later in the day.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
It was great to see everyone out there again yesterday! The fishing was a little on the slow side(as it has been most of the season) and as advertised, I provided a hacktastic fishing demonstration in the bow whiffing on countless bites! [rofl] I doubt we would have had much of a drift if it weren't for all the air I was pushing up front. Despite my terrbile hookup ratio, I was able to scratch out 3 keepers and the pool fish among a bunch of short fish and sea robins. Fredmon was even able to drag up a stargazer..."Grab him between the eyes!!":D

Great day out there! Can't wait to do it again next year![up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Sounds like you all had a great time [up]

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
good trip ,good crew .fishing sucked but thats fishing .chris gave me a lesson on how to catch fluke and mike gave us one on how to miss them .I got 3 keeps and thought I was in the running for the pool till mike almost got pulled over by his big fish .

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Couldn't make it last minute and looks like I only missed the comaraderie, certainly not any bite.
Nice fish Mike:p

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
OK Steve I sent you the pictures put em up when you can.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Sounds like a good day fellas, hopefully I can make it next year. [up][up] Can't wait to see the pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts