New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Isn't part of the bill that in order to be 150' from a home you need the homeowner's permission?
From what i undertstand if your under 150 ft then you need home owners written permission again.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
From what i undertstand if your under 150 ft then you need home owners written permission again.
Just like now if you have the homeowners permission you can hunt under 450' as long as you are not 450'ft from another homeowner you would need their permission also! Once pass, the law will allow you to bowhunt 150' from any dwelling without permission, UNDER 150' you'll need permission.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Isn't part of the bill that in order to be 150' from a home you need the homeowner's permission?
Not true. This was a misunderstanding of a legislator that the press picked up on. You can hunt in the kitchen of someone's house now if you had written permission.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:

Just like now if you have the homeowners permission you can hunt under 450' as long as you are not 450'ft from another homeowner you would need their permission also! Once pass, the law will allow you to bowhunt 150' from any dwelling without permission, UNDER 150' you'll need permission.
Good to know thanx for clearing that up.

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
You can hunt in the kitchen of someone's house now if you had written permission.
[hihi] I know we have laws that you cant shoot from inside your vehicle or across a road or even have a loaded or knock arrow leaning on your vehicle and so on and so on.

BUT

What about what bloodtrails just said, [confused] can you legally be standing in your house and actually legally hunt and shoot game threw your windows, like your home is just a giant comfortable blind :D

Please know this is just a question for fun not me endorsing that kind of method in anyway, but I bet some would give it ago [rofl][rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
What about what bloodtrails just said, can you legally be standing in your house and actually legally hunt and shoot game threw your windows, like your home is just a giant comfortable blind
Yes, as long as you are more than 450 ft from a neighbor's house. I've done it too. Not from my kitchen but a laundry room. Shot a deer that was raiding my garden. Opened the door and the deer just stood there and kept eating my plants. Thump... Ironically, I stir fried it's tenderloins with some squash and zucchini that she was snacking on that night.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts