New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had family on the tower when she fell into the deep. Seen the article on the Military chanel past couple days and found it very interesting learning things I never knew before.

I was interested since I fished out there numbers of times over the years and never herd the whole story ever and didn't realize what I had been fishing over.

Was watching their crane lift a Mako they caught on the crane they had put a hook on. A tile fish came up as well they showed. Furtile waters and big seas.

Tragic ending when the Air Force knew better. Thinking about the night he CC Capt. had to get out of bed and sail to that site in the Hurricane man what it must have been like.

Anyone else catch the show?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Missed the show but had many dives on the wreck in the 80's. Really was a tragic accident that could have been prevented. During the 80's the entire thing was covered with some form of kelp. This held lots of fish around the structure. Haven't been there in many years but there is still a window I recovered from the wreck at my ex wife's house.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now thats interesting[up] Was it rough knowing you were diving on where they were trapped inside? See lots of fish?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts