New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys spent the day running across the state shooting a variety of the 09 Bows... It was awesome and also very disppointed to learn what really comes out of these bows once you set them up!!
I tested the following bows:
Bowtech Admiral $769
Bowtech 82 $769
Matthews Reezen $799
Matthews Monster $849
Hoyt Alphamax $799
Elite Gt500 $699
Parker $649
Ross $649
PSE Xforce $819
Bear Truth $629

What it came down to is a few feet per second depanding on the arrow weight, I have a smaller draw length so, I already face the problem of not getting the max speed out of the bow.. I shot the bowsfrom 68 -72 lbs.. Only a few were breaking the 300fps.. which was shocking as hell..
If you want to see what they can do it was cool to shoot a super light arrow thru the chrono,,, the speeds flew up in numbers.. Yes the noted speeds were obtained..

Just a fun day shooting alot of bows!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Monster was the nicest, next was the Admiral.. I did like 'em all though! I never thought I would shoot a matthews but..it was a personal choice..

If you are shooting a dual cam bow the monster was smoothest, the single cam bows felt different to me, but also smooth

I did shoot a DXT also.. One thing I didn't like about DXT and REEZEN was draw lenght specific.. being a lefty it would be hard to resell down the road??

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Matthews Reezen $799

lefty here and that is the real deal for me!!!Fast as hell!!!The problem i had with the monster was it was SOOO heavy

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
disppointed to learn what really comes out of these bows once you set them up!!
I was reading an Outdoor Life review of bows by some guys from Minn. (Yeah, I know, OL is not a "real man's magazine"[eyeroll]) But not one of the supersonic bows exceeded 300fps. Granted they were using 425 grain arrows, but it put the whole speed thing into perspective.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Sportsmen center , A&M .. Simon Peter,, Matts in Pa..
Cheyenne outfitter.. I know a couple of the the bow techs which helped!
Tell Rich and Tommy from SP I sent you, and ask them how me and my brother did at the wedding we went to tonight! They'll take care of you! ahahaha

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I bought my Mathews Reezen 7.0 from Rich and Tommy at SP. I didn't like the monster at all.
I'm very happy with the Reezen and it worked well for me in Africa last month. [up]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have a smaller draw length so, I already face the problem of not getting the max speed out of the bow.. I shot the bows from 68 -72 lbs.. Only a few were breaking the 300fps.. which was shocking as hell..
speed don't kill deer, kinetic energy does.

instead of focusing on the speed what are the Ke numbers?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.