New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing a couple weeks back, and I saw this lure hanging from a tree. Can anyone tell me:
1) What it is...
2) What it's used for...
3) How to use it...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Its a buzz bait. with a trailor. Its a top water> when u reel that metal piece spits water it usaed for bass and its deadly[ninja]

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Top water buzzzzz bait for bass. Cast it out on calm water near the some cover and skim all the top of the water making a fluttering sound w the propeller and then watch as a hungry bass will explode out of the water and crash it.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
These lures are most effective at dawn dusk and dark. This is a great time of year to fish buzz baits.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Those and hula poppers are two of my favorite top water lures to fish. It's awesome seeing a big ol largemouth explode on one of those.[up]

Oh, and don't fish them up in trees like the other person did. You probably won't be too successful with them using them that way. At least not for bass.....

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
6 inches long is kinda big for bass (unless that includes the skirt and tail)... it may be a muzky/pike lure. Other than that, all the other info on here is correct.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 6" is everything from tip to tail.

wow, i can't wait to try this thing out!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
pike love them, bass love them, and trees love them lol

in Canada i was throwing these ever day all different colors early in the AM and late at night....Pike and Bass were in love.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
It is a buzz bait with a clacker,cast it repeadedly to cover,one pass may not work but many will piss a bass off to take a swipe at it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
6 inches long is kinda big for bass (unless that includes the skirt and tail)... it may be a muzky/pike lure. Other than that, all the other info on here is correct
heck 6" is on the low end for Bass. Ive been fishing 10" worms here and even that is small compared to what some people use. The bigger the lure the bigger the fish :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts