New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Capt.Jerry yesterday great in the am
at noon wind started by 1:30 couldn't hold with 10's started in just before da snot hit. 2 out of 12 in da box 10 and a few nice sea bass for da boat best fish about 6.5# So far this yr has not been very good for me. More shorts than I got hair on my head Only 2 or 3 in da box each time out.
oh for those who don't me dee fat guy on da rt.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Way to go Willie [up] Still better than my day yesterday. I'd trade a day of shorts with a few keepers mixed in there for a day in the office anytime [smoke]

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Bill, were you guys in the Shrewsbury Rocks?
I was up there yesterday in my boat. Same basic story. Three guys had four keeper fluke, two were 23 inches, and two legal sea bass. There is no way to count the amount of short bass and fluke. We bailed out at noon and it took my 90 minutes to cover 10 miles back to Belmar bucking that wind. My GPS was showing 7-8 knots at 2500 RPMs. I should have been doing about 20 knots.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up]

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom yes we started up that way then started working south. We were out in 50' first and as wind started
picking we moved in closer. Like Best said still better than work.[up] I did ok Monday 3 bows on Pequest above gate bridge for F&W no pics next time out.[up]

·
Registered
346 Posts
Capt Jerry and the Fish Monger burn fuel to get you to the fish. One day we covered alot of areas and that was when fuel was 4.50 a gallon.

Sometimes, conditions just arent right.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
We were out in 50' first and as wind started
picking we moved in closer.
I started on the beach in about 18-20 feet and hammered shorts. We went out to 50 feet and got less fluke and more bass. We ended up doing bigger fish with keepers at about 30-32 feet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts