New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[up]whats up guys glad to be on your team. Im 16 I hunt Zones 8 Zone 5 and Zone9 but mostly zone 8. Any team name suggestions?[up]

TEAM #12
MTH
Schues41
BowhunterNJx16
NJ Bowhunter27
Browning 10 ga

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I hunt mostly public and private land in Zone 5 and 6. I have some spots in zone 8 too. I generally take between 6 and 10 deer a season. I've been in the top 4 teams for the last 3 years, and scored with the second place team last year.

I'll put some points on the board right away!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice MTH so let me get this straight my first year i usually shoot between 4-6 deer a year you only enter one deer you can enter a doe then improve from there?

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I hunt mostly public and private land in Zone 5 and 6. I have some spots in zone 8 too. I generally take between 6 and 10 deer a season. I've been in the top 4 teams for the last 3 years, and scored with the second place team last year.

I'll put some points on the board right away!
sounds good to me.I'm pretty much a weekend warrior,not too much time to hunt but I'll try and put some points up too.[up]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
you only enter one deer you can enter a doe then improve from there?
You can enter any number of deer. But only the highest scoring deer counts. Hence most guys post their first doe for 5 points, then upgrade to a buck for 5+ points, and then only upgrade to a larger racked buck if the opportunity presents itself. The important thing is that you score at least a doe. The teams that win-do so because everyone puts points on the board. The teams that lose do so, because only one or two guys shoot nice bucks, but they are the only points for the team.

Hence if we each shoot a doe, that's 25 points to start-then upgrades for bucks will round it out[up]

any team name suggestions
Since we have guys from both the north zones and the south zones, I suggest "The North & The South"

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed browning i thought this was going to be a fun thing looks like for some of the team it turned into a hassle. Ill be out in the stand tommorow morning what about you and MTH suggested team north and south should we do that or you have another suggestion

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Agreed browning i thought this was going to be a fun thing looks like for some of the team it turned into a hassle. Ill be out in the stand tommorow morning what about you and MTH suggested team north and south should we do that or you have another suggestion
WTF,well just use North & South.I plan on being out tomorrow but not until the pm.good luck.[up]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.