New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Was out Saturday and got soaked but didn't see anything. My brother took his first ever deer that morning on a different property so I was happy for him. I butchered it for him and aggravated a back injury in the process, spent all day Sunday in bed. I'll be back out an afternoon or two this week and both days this coming weekend.

How about everyone else?

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
i didnt hunt saturday morning. was int he tree videoing saw 10 does and 2 bucks. that night i saw 6 bucks 4 does. i shot at one but missed..lol

monday night 3 does to far away and three bucks. once i get my doe i know i will see no bucks. just my luck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
went out yesterday morning and walked in on 3 doe 1 little 5 pointer that came rite to my tree to inspect me [spy]after I set up THE NERVE OF HIM so I hit him with the flashlite[eek] then he walked off about 20 yards and ofcourse he snorted and took off. That was it for me

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I was in my stand at 6:00 yesterday evening and by 6:05 had deer in front of me, a bachelor group of three bucks. A small spike, another very wide spike and then a third deer that was a 3.5-4.5 year old 8 pointer, nice mass, definitely a shooter. Problem is, I don't have my doe yet so for 45 minutes I watched these deer munch on acorns right in front of my stand. The 8 pointer gave me multiple shots, including a broadside shot directly in front of my stand at 10 yards.[wallmad] It was killing me to not shoot him but rules are rules. I really hope I get to see him again later in the season. The good thing was they never winded me.

They made their way off and around 7:00 the rain started. Around 7:05, I had 2 does and 2 fawns sneak in on me, I drew on one of the mature does and waited for her to step into an opening but when she did it looked like there were a few twigs possibly in the way and I just didn't have the daylight to comfortably take the shot so I let her go.

The worst part about all of it was I left the camera at home because I was tight on time, I would have had some great footage. So I'm still hunting for my doe. I'm going out again Friday evening and again on Saturday and Sunday so hopefully I'll have better news the next time I check in with you all.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Congrats team mate[up]. I went out tonight and just so happens that I gut shot a doe[wallmad] and she took off onto some property that I have to ask the wardens permission to enter. So tomorrow morning I will be making some calls so that I can retrieve this doe, and get some points for the team.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts