New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has a TC Muzzleloader, please let me know what bullet and powder charge you use for best accuracy.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I have the Triumph, but havent shot enough yet to really make a recommendation. In my Black Diamond the Hornadys(.44cal pistol bullets) with the green sabots worked best with 100 grains of 777 pellets.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
the load i found the best in my triumph is 250 SW and 100-T7 tried 150-T7 it was to much tumbled the bullet

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
best bet is to start off with 90 to 100 grains of powder and the bullet for the type of game you may be hunting.

If you are not hunting and just shooting then less powder to start is good.

Check your patches for residue. If the powder is not burning make adjustments. If there is an issue with bullet weight make adjustments.

The triumph is a gun I wish to purchase down the line.

I own a black diamond and it is very very accurate with 100 grains of FFF pyrodex, 777 209 primer, 240 grain hornady .44 cal and green sabot. At 100 yards all three shots starting from a clean barrel 1 in to 1.5 in spread.

·
Registered
563 Posts
TC Encore Magnum[hihi].......300 grain Hornady.....dead nuts center up to 200 yrds......it works for me[smoke]

·
Registered
563 Posts
TC Encore Magnum[hihi].......300 grain Hornady.....dead nuts center up to 200 yrds......it works for me[smoke]

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I own a black diamond and it is very very accurate with 100 grains of FFF pyrodex, 777 209 primer, 240 grain hornady .44 cal and green sabot. At 100 yards all three shots starting from a clean barrel 1 in to 1.5 in spread.
As mentioned above I got the same results with everything the same except I used the 777 pellets.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
100 grains of Pyrodex and a 250 grain Hornady SST
That's a pretty standard load and good medicine for any deer you'll see in NJ, PA or NY. I shoot 100 grains of Blackhorn and the 250 Shockwave, which is the same bullet as the SST.
I shot 8 or 9 deer with the Omega with 100 grains of powder and never had a problem. When I got the Triumph I upped the load, but it wasn't necesary. I since cut back to 100 grains.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have the T/C Triumph. I use 100 grains of 777 pellets and shoot either 250 T/C shockwaves or 295 Powerbelts. The shockwaves group way better then the powerbelts out of the gun for me. I had really tight groups with the shockwaves at 100 yards!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I also clean in between each shot too, because my gun shoots that much better clean. I don't notice a real difference in groups unless I don't clean at least after every 3rd shot
That is why I quit using 777 and went to Blackhorn 209. It burns much cleaner, but is only available in loose powder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts