New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out in the duck blind and just got a male and female bufflehead with one shot. These are my first two buffleheads and thinking about getting them done (also would be my first taxidermy) I'm looking for someone who does nice work, I'm from cape may county. I'm willing to drive to someone if it's not too far.

Any recommendations? What does something like this cost? Also I had to spin the body to snap the neck on the male so a couple neck feathers are messed up. And how do I go about handling the bird from the duck blind to the taxidermist?

I hope I can find someone before I go home and end up plucking them or breasting them

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
John Barton. He is in Camden county so he is a bit of a drive from you. I believe his price is 250 a bird. Just try to keep all the feathers as straight as possible. When you get home dry the birds completely with paper towels then place in plastic bags and freeze

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow thanks guys a lot for the fast response! Seems like John Barton is the man and I would have no problem driving there. I think it's going to cost alittle too much for me though, might have to live with just pictures

·
Registered
873 Posts
CARE : Do not gut it !!!!!! iIf there is any blood on bird use peroxide and damp cloth (water) to remove blood ,,,hand groom feathers so the pattern looks natural, paper towel dry , roll up in news paper and freeze the faster you get it to the taxidermist the better you don't want to leave it in freezer for to long….

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.