New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would guess with the warm weather all fall, the bears have plenty of tics on them, the little buggers that jump all over. I just ran my hand through the fur and 5 are all over my arm. Be carefull in handling them, spray them down with tic killer and check yourself often.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah Paul I got a buck in yesterday and he had tons on him!I hade at least 6 on me crawling

·
Registered
76 Posts
yea i know what you mean. i was pulling a bunch of me last night from the deer and bear that came in. this year is really bad with tics.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tics on the bears are hitch hikers I think, their just hanging out all on the fur. At least on the deer you can see them, I need to get one of those white butchers suits. I sent one to the toilet and the bastard swam to the side and climed up the inside of the bowl, I think he would have made it out if I didn't give it the deep six, LOL

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The ticks are horrible this year. Please be careful everyone. Even if your deer is hanging in the garage or back yard think about your family. Those little bugs can cause some serious problems with the rest of your family. Be safe!

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
found 2 lodged in my side and 1 in the back of my neck already.. they say if you pull them out within like 24 hrs or so you can not get lyme disease..

I had lymes back about 10 years ago.. dr told me next time i get infected my body wont fight it as good, so i need to be careful..

TONS of ticks this year, more than ive ever seen.. 100s on each deer that gets dropped off.. its miserable.

be safe

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I skinned 3 bears and had five ticks embedded...and I thought I checked myself good. I hate those worthless insects!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts