New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im off to taxedermy trade school augest 27th.. from then til april i will be learning taxedermy, 7 months of training. i hope to start my career off good so i hope all of you keep me in mind for the comming hunting seasons. i will be sure to post pictures of my work when i get out of school. im 19 and have been trying to learn on my own for about a year now. spending alot of money on this school and asking you all for a little help when i get out. if you harvest any animals you want to get mounted keep me in mind, its greatly appreciated.
Jason Wizner
cell # 551-206-2623
email: [email protected]
thank you all

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
discounts will be made in the future, but i really need to get started and build myself first. hope you understand

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Outlaw, I'd look at the discounts in the reverse, offer them now to get your account base going. Theres other taxidermists out there, why should someone change who they use, especially someone new to the business, discounts can grow your client base for the start quickly.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
With taxidermists, I look for someone that will turn the work around in a decent amount of time. There are so many out there today that take a year or more to turn around a deer mount. There is no reason it should take that long. What's worse is some will tell you 6 months and over a year later you are still calling. Of course, quality goes without saying. I would gladly pay more money to get work back in 3-6 months than to wait over a year.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Outlaw, forget the NewJerseyHunter discount. I better get the family discount...lol...ill let you mount my first doe. Usually can fit the whole thing in the freezer.

·
11,226 Posts
I was only kidding about the discount....:p I will be looking to do a lot of mounts in the next couple of years... I want everything from fish to small game to deer and bear.... I will give you first crack at something small and go from there.... Good luck with the school...[up][up]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bambis only, a doe is about the only you'll be able to mount. He'll be waiting around forever for you to shoot a buck. :D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The best of luck to you Jason, I know you can do it. Make your Gramfather (rip) proud. And of course all us who know you. Tony

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I for one can't tell anything from experience about mounting deer since I came up a big zero my first hunting season :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you want something to practice on, I found a stillborn fawn a few years back in perfect condition. I wanted to have it mounted but I dont have the room for it. If you want it its yours. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts