New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and i will be taking the course this weekend in hacketstown. As far as i kno i need rubber boots, lunch and a pair of wire snips?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Go to the site where you signed up and where it shows the class you are registered for it will tell you all that you need to bring, but that sounds about right. I forget what type of cutters you need, I think they were c7? I'm sure ******* will let you know for sure. I have my class coming up in 2 weeks, I can't wait and this was a good reminder for me to go out and get my snips. [ko]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
i am taking this course at hackettstown...literally across the street from my college in october[up]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read about these c7 things i whats the differences between them and just a pair of snips and were can i get a c7 and what is it haha just want to be prepared

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok looks like ***** or snips will work find for me theres no way im spending 62 dollars on those things, just paid bills today...not gonna happen[sad]

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I know what you mean oneshot, but i remember ******* saying something about home depot selling a pair for about $20-30 if I remember. I was most likely gonna go there and check them out.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
My son and I will be there as well. If you got a small set of linemans pliers I think they will work just as good. The heaviest wire to cut would be #9 or 1/8 aircraft cable

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill check home depot and see what they are there.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
depot has them for $35 i have made hundreds of snares with them, and cut a bunch off animals.
they are for cutting CABLE, not support wire. they will last a long time. it sounds like a lot of money, but cut 3/32 with lineman pliers, then try the right tool for the job. night and day.

have fun at your class

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
i just bought a set of C7's from mcmaster carr, they were $65. i needed to cut some cable at work, so i had them buy me a nice new pair.
i can't say anything bad about the depot cutters. they still cut fine.
a good set of lineman pliers is also a must for support wires.
get some hip boots. and be prepared to be outsmarted by a little fuzz ball.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts