New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it matters but....

...Im taking the recurve hunting tomorrow. Wish me luck, my maximum effective range is approximately 15 yards. So Im gonna need one to get pretty close.

Ive been shooting the recurve for a few years on and off, but lately Ive been practicing with it quite a bit in hopes to get my first traditional bow kill. My luck I will see a state record buck at about 25 yards tomorrow. :D

No pressure, freezer is pretty full, just pick a hair and concentrate. ;)[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mack! :)

Do you bowhunt yet Mack? If you dont, you should!;)[up]

I'll be back early to let you know I didnt see anything.:D

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Shoot straight and bare down and pick a spot and follow through and do not brake form is the drill. Shoot where your looking. I could shoot up to 35 with my 75 pd recurve I shot for years. Killed alot of game over the years while on differant hunts. Missed plenty of Booners to not Popers,booners with the recurve with wooden arrows I make and painted. I really mis the recurve the prestige shooting instinctive traditionally always drove me. I was hoping to bring the 45 pound recurve out for Turkey season in west virginia out of a blind.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Good luck Matt, I'm going to start shooting my fathers recurve, as long as its still ok to shoot. I'm going to have someone look at it after the holidays.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Good luck Matty.

I was thinking about doing the same with my recurve, but I did not get the practice in that I wanted this fall.

Hey, maybe we can level the field this spring and shoot the pequest 3d course with recurves???

At Farmer's we will need the compounds, red stakes out to 55 yards!!!

-dan

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

No luck this morning, only thing I saw was a squirrel and some small birds.

Dan, sounds like a plan....Theres more than a few pequest shoots, so we can plan on doing at least one with the recurve and one with the compound. [up][up]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Mystic,

Yes, Farmers has Trad pins, but I think they are a little long for Trad shots. 22 yards on a Turkey for the Trad pin seems long to me.

Plus I like those 55 yard shots on foam.

-dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.