New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Guns/alcohol don't mix. If you need to go out and drink that's your choice, leave your weapon at home, no one's forcing you to go.

What percentage of bar fights/brawls will end in shootings now?

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
Guns/alcohol don't mix
That's why "The legislation retains an existing ban on consuming alcohol while carrying a handgun, and restaurant owners can still opt to ban weapons from their establishments."

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
so there isnt any responsible drinkers?...you know like go to the bar have 2 beers wit handgun on person and go home?...any restriction is a violation of your constitutional right

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Kinda on the fence over this one.
I definitely agree that responsible people should be able to carry a handgun in a bar/restaurant.
I definitely agree that one should be able to have a drink or two, while carrying a handgun.
At the same time, I firmly believe that if you are intoxicated, you should not be carrying. Period.
Safety takes priority here, and if you cannot legally drive, then you cannot legally carry a handgun.
This goes for ALL persons that are licensed to carry, no exceptions.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
What percentage of bar fights/brawls will end in shootings now?
The same question was asked by the anti-gun legislators and libs when CCW was advancing across the country.

Right to carry map.

They fabricated people shooting it out over a parking space at the mall, someone cutting in line at the Mr. Frosty turning deadly and shootings baseball umps over bad calls.

It didn't happen.

The law states you can't drink alcohol while carrying in a bar or resturant.

Would you feel less safe in that environment or a backyard bbq where the drunk homeowner catches you ogling his wife and goes inside to get his gun unbeknownst to you, who is unable to defend himself.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Everybody drives the deadliest weapon of all to a bar everytime they go out: A two ton motor vehicle. What's a worse mix than that? How many DWI deaths are there each weekend compared to shootings in bar by legal CCW holders ??? Think about that one.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Kinda on the fence over this one.
I definitely agree that responsible people should be able to carry a handgun in a bar/restaurant.
I definitely agree that one should be able to have a drink or two, while carrying a handgun.
At the same time, I firmly believe that if you are intoxicated, you should not be carrying. Period.
Safety takes priority here, and if you cannot legally drive, then you cannot legally carry a handgun.
This goes for ALL persons that are licensed to carry, no exceptions.
[up][up]
Its all about personal responsibility... and that's what the feds dont want you to realize. The more resposible you are for your own actions, the more free you are. I for one, dont need big brother telling me when and where I can do what. I have had a beer or two while carrying on many occasions... never had a problem.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Just have a Gun Check at the door
I have a Virginia permit that allows me to carry in any bar/restraunt. I prefer not to give control of my weapon to anyone but myself. Criminals dont check in their guns so neither will I. A responsible gun owner will conduct themselves in a proper manner regaurdless of where they are .

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The legislation retains an existing ban on consuming alcohol while carrying a handgun, and restaurant owners can still opt to ban weapons from their establishments.
I dont see the problem. If your carrying, your not drinking. If you drink, your breaking the law. Why wouldnt a bar owner want sober armed patrons. I bet their bouncers will be carrying.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
As a former bartender of 9 years; NO PHUCKIN WAY!! I've seen way too much nonsense happen, including a bullet hole in the wall. I've met all kinds of drinkers. You have happy drunks, sad drunks, horny drunks and mean drunks. The nicest, kindest people can be a real SOB after a few drinks.
"Don't take your guns to town son
Leave your guns at home Bill
Don't take your guns to town"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.