New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was walking through the woods today and came across several tree stands with alot of garbage under them. coffee cups, wrappers, deer feed bags everything (including a 6 pack plastic beer can holder) and i was just wondering. would it kill you to carry it back out with you? i mean its obviously lighter than before. less effort. we all hunt these woods, dont you wanna keep the woods clean? My dad and boyscout leaders have always told me "you brought it into the woods, you take it out of the woods". Every time my dad and i go out in the woods hiking he always manages to come back with garbage. he finds a plastic bag, and starts filling it up. i know its not all from hunters but when its right under your stand, its probably yours. just needed to vent/question why were capable of carrying in a 50 lb bag of feed, but cant carry out the 1/2 lb bag. [down]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Great post and well Said![up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
There are a couple of these posts every year and the garbage still gets left.

If you want to see a real bunch of slobs, take a ride up to the Flatbrook area when bird hunting starts.
In one week there will be more garbage there than you can imagine. Cups, cigarette packs, empty shell boxes, napkins, Dunkin doughnut bags, you name it you'll find it there. Not to mention all the empty plastic hulls left behind.

This stuff only comes from the hunters so there is nobody else to blame for the conditions. [mad]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I believe in leaving NO IMPACT on the woods. No one would ever know I was there. that includes tree stands or a gum wrapper.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I have noticed that too at some places I hunt. When I shoot a deer with bow or gun, I take the shell casings with me and also my arrow. Garbage is always in my backpack. I take the shell casings just because I don't want to litter, but also I don't want other hunters knowing that shots were fired and that area might be a good spot for shooting deer.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Bring a bag in your pocket, and take out more than you bring in
Ya know, I started to carry out stuff a couple yrs ago. It got to where I was spending more time garbage picking than I was hunting with the dogs which is why I was there.
I take out what I bring in and that's it. The slob hunters if I see them and can grab a plate number, will get reported.

But I'm out there to hunt, not pick up after "pigs". [wallmad]

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe in leaving NO IMPACT on the woods.
i bird hunt and i pick up every shell i shoot. and if were with other members of our club i inform them to pick up their casings as well. i mean if you are walking out and something slips out your pocket thats one thing if you dont notice it. but if you empty a 50 lb bag of corn and throw the plastic into a bush. i mean come on. its not really that hard to remove it.

i plan on leaving an arrow and taking a deer though... i guess that's ok.
you might wanna take your arrow too. your gonna run out sooner or later [hihi]

heres another question. is this just for state property? or private as well? if i had private property to hunt i would pick up garbage all the time cause its my property. idk if other people have the same philosophy as i do, but do they not care as much since its state land and they do not own it? state land or not, i still want it to be clean [up]

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
hear'' hear '' i recently went to the lebanon state forrest where we used to camp , even though u werent aloud to , we always brought trash bags with us and cleaned up after ourselves and never left a mess except for the old fire pit but thats natural trash. so anyway when i went down there, there was so much garbage and beer cans and even collapsed tents people didnt want and left, i couldnt believe it, i said to myself.....if i had seen any of these a-holes in the action there would have been a real jersey devil on thier hands ..[wallmad]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.